Patient Comments: West Nile Virus - Cause

How did you get West Nile virus? Were you traveling when you became ill?

Comment from: Mango., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 23

I received a call this morning from my Dr. office stating that I had West Nile virus at some point, but I do not now. That was all she said. I don't know what that means. Do I need to treat anything, could that effect some of the health issues I'm having now? It's a little overwhelmed.

Comment from: Lifemate, Male Published: June 25

Last year both my husband and I contacted West Nile. Because he has other health issues, COPD and more, he has not recovered well. Last week he was told he has West Nile Encephalitis. A brain scan confirmed the encephalitis. It has effected his thought process and he can sleep and sleep and sleep. No medication has been given. Ugh....I am very concerned for him. any infor out there..?

Comment from: Carol B, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 28

My husband was diagnosed with West Nile virus about three months ago. He first became ill in January of 2013, about one month before diagnosis.

West Nile Virus - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment, including medication, did you or someone you know receive for West Nile virus?
West Nile Virus - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were the signs and symptoms you experienced with West Nile virus?
West Nile Virus - Community Risk Question: How does your at-risk community help prevent outbreaks of West Nile virus?