Patient Comments: Weber-Christian Disease - Symptoms

What were the symptoms associated with Weber-Christian disease in you or someone you know?

Comment from: normajean, Female (Patient) Published: August 07

My parents were told when I was 3 that I had Weber-Christian disease. Mine has nothing to do with my skin, when I get hit or bump into things I get knots that are real tender. In two or three days they get hard then go away. I have had it for 46 years, they said I would grow out of it but I haven't so far.

Comment from: tongannokie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I was diagnosed with Weber-Christian disease in 1974 when I was 16. At that time I was told only 150 cases had been recorded. I have now 40 years later, had a flare up. My right leg is almost total brown from the disease. I have just had a large red spot on my right leg, it has moved up to my knee area. It is very painful, but the red on my calf is now brown, and hard. I would love more information on this disease that has affected my life and no one seems to know anything about it.

Comment from: Patricia, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 18

I was diagnosed with Weber-Christian disease at 21 years, along with severe arthritis. It turns out I have alpha 1 anti-trypsin deficiency. The panniculitis flare ups were always the result of stress. Divorce got rid of a lot of my stress. The infusions I get to replace the missing enzyme prevents panniculitis as well as protects my lungs. I wasn't correctly diagnosed till age 53.

Comment from: shirley, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 31

I was diagnosed with Weber-Christian disease in December 2013, with painful red rash over my legs and below the knees and since then I have had 4 flare ups.

Weber-Christian Disease - Treatments Question: What types of treatment have you found effective for Weber-Christian disease?