Weber-Christian Disease Index
Weber-Christian disease is a rare inflammatory disease that affects the body's fat tissues. It's also known as relapsing febrile nodular panniculitis syndrome and idiopathic lobular panniculitis. The disorder appears on the skin as red or purple tender, raised lumps. The thighs and lower legs are the most frequently affected areas. Other symptoms may include nausea, vomiting, weight loss, joint pain, and abdominal pain. Though there is no cure for the disease, inflammation may be treated with various antiinflammatory medications.
Patient Discussions - Viewers share their comments
- indomethacin, Indocin, Indocin-SR (Discontinued Brand in U.S.)
- ibuprofen (Advil, Children's Advil/Motrin, Medipren, Motrin, Nuprin, PediaCare Fever, and others)
- prednisone, Deltasone, Liquid Pred
In This Article
Alpha-1 Antitrypsin Deficiency Article
- What is alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency?
- What are the signs and symptoms of lung disease caused by alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency?
- How common is alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency?
- What genes are related to alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency?
- How do people inherit alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency?
- Where can I find information about treatment for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency?
- What other names do people use for alpha-1 antitrypsin deficiency?
Although a fever technically is any body temperature above the normal of 98.6 F (37 C), in practice, a person is usually not...learn more »
In This Article
- Fever facts
- What is a fever?
- What causes a fever?
- What are the signs and symptoms of a fever?
- How is a fever diagnosed?
- How should someone take a temperature for fever?
- What is the treatment for a fever?
- When should someone seek medical care for a fever?
- What kind of doctors treat a fever?
- What are complications of a fever?
- What is the prognosis for a fever?
- Is it possible to prevent a fever?
- Where can people find more information about fevers?
Pancreatitis is a rare disease in which the pancreas becomes inflamed. There are two types of pancreatitis, acute and chronic....learn more »
The word "rash" means an outbreak of red bumps on the body. The way people use this term, "a rash" can refer to many different...learn more »
Nausea and Vomiting
Nausea is an uneasiness of the stomach that often precedes vomiting. Nausea and vomiting are not diseases, but they are symptoms...learn more »
In This Article
Nausea and Vomiting Article
- Nausea and vomiting facts
- Introduction to nausea and vomiting
- What causes nausea or vomiting?
- Acute gastritis and nausea and vomiting
- Central causes of nausea and vomiting
- Nausea and vomiting associated with illness
- Nausea and vomiting from medications and medical treatments
- Nausea and vomiting and bowel obstruction
- Nausea and vomiting in pregnancy (morning sickness)
- Vomiting in infants
- What are home remedies for nausea or vomiting?
- When should I call the doctor regarding nausea and vomiting?
- How is the source of nausea or vomiting diagnosed?
- What is the treatment for nausea or vomiting?