Patient Comments: Warts - Experiences

Please describe your experience with common warts.

Comment from: wordwrkr, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 12

I'm 60, and I've been plagued with canker sores as long as I can remember. When I was a kid I used to put ketchup on them to concentrate the pain into just a few seconds, followed by a few precious moments of pain-free existence. But I recently stumbled on a cure; not just a treatment for the pain, but a cure, at least in my case. I take a big drink of carbonated water and swirl it around in my mouth. A couple of times a day does the trick. If the canker sore is just emerging, it's gone by the next day. If it is full-blown, it is better within an hour (stops hurting immediately) and within just a few days it's gone. My treatment before I discovered this was simply to treat the pain; Anbesol applied topically. It tastes awful, and the relief lasts for only a few minutes, but it was better than nothing. Since discovering the power of simple carbonated water, however, I haven't had to use Anbesol at all. Carbonated water works! And it doesn't taste awful. It stops the pain and radically speeds the healing process.

Comment from: Sara, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I had embarrassing warts for about 6 years and went to my dermatologist 4 times. Each time, the warts came back. I tried every single thing I could get my hands on. I found an electronic wart remover online and within 2 weeks I had eliminated every last wart for good. That was the last I ever saw of them and I could not be happier!

Comment from: irishblueileen, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I have tiny warts primarily on my fingers. They don't seem to grow or change. Sometimes they itch but not frequently. I wish they would go away but they have been there for years.

Comment from: Duke, 75 or over (Patient) Published: December 12

When I was in my twenties, I had a large wart on my heel. A dermatologist put a patch on it for a week and then shaved off the top of the wart. He did this many times, but it didn't work. He then froze it with liquid nitrogen and that didn't work. He then burned it with an electric needle and that didn't work. I saw my family doctor and asked him about the wart. He said dip a tooth pick in nitric acid and touch the wart. You have to put your foot immediately in freezing water to stop the burning. I did this several times and it killed the wart.

Comment from: wartmal, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I had a wart on my palm few years ago about half a cm in diameter. It developed from an un-popped blister inflicted by hot oil while cooking. I never properly treated it but was always annoyed by it, sometimes picking out pulps sticking out just for the satisfaction imagining I could pick out the whole colony, which clearly failed. About three months later returning from the beach I realized the wart begins to wilt but quickly grows back again. Assuming it was the salinity of the sea water, I covered the wart with table salt holding it together with a Band-Aid changing the salt and Band-Aid every day. After about 3-4 days, the wart shrunk turned dark. Once again, I picked the wart with the tweezers and the entire layer of wart was pulled out. Aww, the satisfaction! Underneath was pink tender skin like you have underneath the outer transparent skin. I did made an appointment with the doctor but the wart was gone when I went to see him. The wart never came back but the doctor doesn't believe the salt removed it.

Comment from: Jen, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 08

I had a tetanus shot 2 weeks ago. The pain deep inside my arm is getting worse. It is hard to lift it. It wakes me at night. Anti-inflammatory pills and basic painkillers have no effect. I have an appointment next week with the doctor.

Comment from: okey, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 23

I am having heartburn pain when eating and drinking cold water. After that my bowel system changes.

Warts - Effective Treatments Question: Which wart treatments have been effective for you?
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.