Patient Comments: Warts - Experiences

Please describe your experience with common warts.

Comment from: Sara, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I had embarrassing warts for about 6 years and went to my dermatologist 4 times. Each time, the warts came back. I tried every single thing I could get my hands on. I found an electronic wart remover online and within 2 weeks I had eliminated every last wart for good. That was the last I ever saw of them and I could not be happier!

Comment from: irishblueileen, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I have tiny warts primarily on my fingers. They don't seem to grow or change. Sometimes they itch but not frequently. I wish they would go away but they have been there for years.

Comment from: Duke, 75 or over (Patient) Published: December 12

When I was in my twenties, I had a large wart on my heel. A dermatologist put a patch on it for a week and then shaved off the top of the wart. He did this many times, but it didn't work. He then froze it with liquid nitrogen and that didn't work. He then burned it with an electric needle and that didn't work. I saw my family doctor and asked him about the wart. He said dip a tooth pick in nitric acid and touch the wart. You have to put your foot immediately in freezing water to stop the burning. I did this several times and it killed the wart.

Comment from: wartmal, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 21

I had a wart on my palm few years ago about half a cm in diameter. It developed from an un-popped blister inflicted by hot oil while cooking. I never properly treated it but was always annoyed by it, sometimes picking out pulps sticking out just for the satisfaction imagining I could pick out the whole colony, which clearly failed. About three months later returning from the beach I realized the wart begins to wilt but quickly grows back again. Assuming it was the salinity of the sea water, I covered the wart with table salt holding it together with a Band-Aid changing the salt and Band-Aid every day. After about 3-4 days, the wart shrunk turned dark. Once again, I picked the wart with the tweezers and the entire layer of wart was pulled out. Aww, the satisfaction! Underneath was pink tender skin like you have underneath the outer transparent skin. I did made an appointment with the doctor but the wart was gone when I went to see him. The wart never came back but the doctor doesn't believe the salt removed it.

Comment from: RM, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

I used to work with a lot of produce at a grocery store when I was a teenager and I got warts on my hands like they were going out of style. I had a couple of them frozen off and one cut off, but I kept getting them. Someone that I worked with told me to soak my hands in very hot water for at least 10 minutes every day until they were gone, hot as I could stand without actually burning the healthy skin. He said the wart tissue was not as resilient as normal tissue and would die from the heat. I used water that was about 125 degrees (F) for 15 minutes each day just to make sure. I don't really know when the warts were done in but they all started crumbling off after about a week. As long as I worked there and remembered I kept soaking in very hot water and the warts never came back. I don't work with produce any more so I don't get them anymore, but there is no way they all fell off in the same few days. It had to be the hot water.

Comment from: okey, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 23

I am having heartburn pain when eating and drinking cold water. After that my bowel system changes.

Comment from: Kersi, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 07

I am suffering from hypokalemia due to excessive sweating. After swimming I used to go for sauna and steam bath. My S potassium (lone selective electrode) level dropped to 3.5. I am having giddiness and vertigo. I have to still take advice of a good medical doctor.

Comment from: sarah, Published: December 09

My doctor said that my thyroid was not doing its job and that I needed a stronger dose of levothyroxine, after a blood test. He said that it would give me more energy like I don't have enough now! It seems that as we grow older we are on medicine that we were not before. One less pill to take is fine with me as I take too many now.

Warts - Effective Treatments Question: Which wart treatments have been effective for you?
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.