Patient Comments: Warts - Experiences

Please describe your experience with common warts.

Comment from: Suz2u2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have had flat warts for over 25 years and eventually they have covered most of my body and they are spreading to my face. Around two years ago, I was diagnosed with psoriasis. The warts never gave me trouble like they did when the psoriasis suddenly appeared. The warts do not like psoriasis and it is like they are in battle. The warts raise very high and itch constantly until I got a cortizone shot. Now things are great, that is until the psoriasis flares up again.

Comment from: laura, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have got these plantar wart on my right foot. It's been a few months. I have got these warts on my right fingers and just one on my left hand. Few weeks ago, the GP gave me like a liquid to put it only in the area of the wart but I don't think it's working at all. I called my GP to see the doctor but it said I can get the appointment only on next month. Here, I am not able to walk. My fingers one doesn't pain but the one on my foot. It hurts. I am walking with only one leg for the last few days. I can't even stand properly. Seriously, looking for a permanent solution.

Comment from: Saunya, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 26

My son had a number of warts on his fingers, knees and feet, especially around the nails when he was about 9. I hadn't treated them at all due to knowing that they usually go away on their own, but they just kept getting worse. On the advice of his Pediatrician we used the duct tape method on only one of the clusters of warts. According to the doctor the irritation stimulates the immune system and the body fights off the warts. Accurate or not it worked. All of the warts went away even though we treated only an inconspicuous cluster.

Comment from: Warts til death, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

Nothing gets rid of the wart on my finger which is the size of a quarter. I've had it for over a decade. Freezing it made it quadruple in size! I should be submitted for scientific research as this must be some alien!

Comment from: little bear, 3-6 Male Published: September 08

My son had a patch of warts on his knee, took him to dermatologist and he prescribed Vitamin A. Put the oil of the prescription vitamin A on the warts daily and they fell off within weeks.

Comment from: ttddy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I have warts on my face and my arms. I have tried many ways to make them disappears. They are so embarrassing.

Comment from: ???, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 02

I had a huge wart on my knuckle, and I had it burned off and frozen off by a dermatologist. I never took the Band-aid off except to change it. Don't let it get any air contact for more than five minutes.

Comment from: Christie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

When I was younger I had a large amount of warts on my fingers. I had multiple treatments of dry ice -- which was painful. My neighbor suggested I put freshly cut aloe vera plant juice all over my hands, and within a few weeks they were gone. My 11 year old son came up with two large warts on his fingers and after two dry ice treatments and no results, we have now tried the aloe on his warts. Within the first 24 hours they had gone black and now after continuing this pain free treatment for five days they have decreased in size by half.

Comment from: mexicali, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had a huge wart on my thumb. I tried over the counter remedies, the doctor, and nothing seemed to help. My dad told me to file it with an emery board. Filing took more than a week, but I would file it every other night until it would just start to hurt, it has been 8 years now and still no more wart.

Warts - Effective Treatments Question: Which wart treatments have been effective for you?
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.