Patient Comments: Warts - Experiences

Please describe your experience with common warts.

Comment from: Warts til death, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: September 08

Nothing gets rid of the wart on my finger which is the size of a quarter. I've had it for over a decade. Freezing it made it quadruple in size! I should be submitted for scientific research as this must be some alien!

Comment from: little bear, 3-6 Male Published: September 08

My son had a patch of warts on his knee, took him to dermatologist and he prescribed Vitamin A. Put the oil of the prescription vitamin A on the warts daily and they fell off within weeks.

Comment from: ttddy, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 09

I have warts on my face and my arms. I have tried many ways to make them disappears. They are so embarrassing.

Comment from: ???, 19-24 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 02

I had a huge wart on my knuckle, and I had it burned off and frozen off by a dermatologist. I never took the Band-aid off except to change it. Don't let it get any air contact for more than five minutes.

Comment from: Christie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

When I was younger I had a large amount of warts on my fingers. I had multiple treatments of dry ice -- which was painful. My neighbor suggested I put freshly cut aloe vera plant juice all over my hands, and within a few weeks they were gone. My 11 year old son came up with two large warts on his fingers and after two dry ice treatments and no results, we have now tried the aloe on his warts. Within the first 24 hours they had gone black and now after continuing this pain free treatment for five days they have decreased in size by half.

Comment from: mexicali, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had a huge wart on my thumb. I tried over the counter remedies, the doctor, and nothing seemed to help. My dad told me to file it with an emery board. Filing took more than a week, but I would file it every other night until it would just start to hurt, it has been 8 years now and still no more wart.

Comment from: Karl, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

About a month ago, I had a small wart appear on my thigh. I treated it conventionally using over-the-counter medications, and kept it covered. After a week it had grown very large, and I began coating it with a product called Hoof Lacquer to try to choke its tiny little airway. It worked, and the wart fell off and it bled for about 24 hours. I make sure this area is constantly cleaned with bleach as I do not want anymore warts to appear.

Comment from: American Person, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

Last year, I noticed a wart developing underneath my skin between the index finger and the thumb. I kept clipping it off, and eventually it began to spread. It spread to my thumb, then eventually spread around the main wart. The seed warts are underneath the skin and have a "bubbly" appearance. So far, the warts have only remained on my right palm. There a total of 9 warts - a medium sized one and 8 smaller ones.

Comment from: happyminyan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

Patience is the ticket. Used Aldara every other night alternating with salicylic acid and a band-aid. I also shaved it with pumice before each treatment. When it looked better, my dermatologist said to just put fresh duct tape each night. It worked. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Warts - Effective Treatments Question: Which wart treatments have been effective for you?
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.