Patient Comments: Warts - Experiences

Please describe your experience with common warts.

Comment from: Christie, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 09

When I was younger I had a large amount of warts on my fingers. I had multiple treatments of dry ice -- which was painful. My neighbor suggested I put freshly cut aloe vera plant juice all over my hands, and within a few weeks they were gone. My 11 year old son came up with two large warts on his fingers and after two dry ice treatments and no results, we have now tried the aloe on his warts. Within the first 24 hours they had gone black and now after continuing this pain free treatment for five days they have decreased in size by half.

Comment from: mexicali, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 07

I had a huge wart on my thumb. I tried over the counter remedies, the doctor, and nothing seemed to help. My dad told me to file it with an emery board. Filing took more than a week, but I would file it every other night until it would just start to hurt, it has been 8 years now and still no more wart.

Comment from: Karl, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: January 23

About a month ago, I had a small wart appear on my thigh. I treated it conventionally using over-the-counter medications, and kept it covered. After a week it had grown very large, and I began coating it with a product called Hoof Lacquer to try to choke its tiny little airway. It worked, and the wart fell off and it bled for about 24 hours. I make sure this area is constantly cleaned with bleach as I do not want anymore warts to appear.

Comment from: American Person, 13-18 Male (Patient) Published: May 26

Last year, I noticed a wart developing underneath my skin between the index finger and the thumb. I kept clipping it off, and eventually it began to spread. It spread to my thumb, then eventually spread around the main wart. The seed warts are underneath the skin and have a "bubbly" appearance. So far, the warts have only remained on my right palm. There a total of 9 warts - a medium sized one and 8 smaller ones.

Comment from: happyminyan, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 15

Patience is the ticket. Used Aldara every other night alternating with salicylic acid and a band-aid. I also shaved it with pumice before each treatment. When it looked better, my dermatologist said to just put fresh duct tape each night. It worked. The entire process took about 3 weeks.

Comment from: Double L, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: February 28

I have this wart growing on my wrist for a good couple of years. I have it cryo-removed a few years back and it disappeared for a while. However, these nasty warts recurred and spread to nearby skin over the past few months. Just last month, I got my GP to freeze it and I had the biggest blister that I've even seen (about the size of a kidney bean). It seems to heal rather quickly but I realized there are some tiny isles of thick skin within the healed area. It looks like the wart is going to grow back again! This is frustrating I'm just going to let it be this time. Let the immune system do its work!

Comment from: matulanga, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: January 14

One doctor told me to use a silver nitrate pencil; it worked. The wart disappeared.

Comment from: yayhomeremedies, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: December 28

I read on other sites that apple cider vinegar works wells. I'm trying it now. It's only been a few days but they are going away.

Warts - Effective Treatments Question: Which wart treatments have been effective for you?
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.