Patient Comments: Warts - Experiences

Please describe your experience with common warts.

Comment from: vj, 25-34 (Patient) Published: October 08

I had few planter warts under my right foot. I tried freezing it but it didn't work. I read they are temperature sensitive, that's why doctors try to burn them and freeze them. I decided to treat my planter wart. I soaked my feet in warm water for 3-4 weeks daily. The temperature of water should be warm (don't burn or harm yourself). The entire wart turned black and then I used pumice stone to slowly scrape them daily. I changed my diet to very healthy foods including lots of fresh fruits and vegetables for strong immunity as a healthy immune system also kills the wart virus. All the warts on my foot are gone. No marks, no pain.

Comment from: leneysr, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 10

I had plantar warts since Junior High School. They were on and off painful, especially as a track runner and the spike catches a hard cinder (60's era). The pain would drop me to the ground. Finally as an adult (30ish) I sought the assistance of a dermatologist. The Doctor used a variety of treatments, electrical burning, acid, cutting and the problem never went away. After a year of weekly treatments, lots of cash, and hobbling around in pain I stopped. I read an article in Readers Digest on plantar warts (mid 70's) and how difficult it was to remove using conventional means. The article stated that if you soaked your feet in 120 deg F water for 20 minutes a day they would go away. They were gone in about a week and never returned.

Comment from: wart never again, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I used to have a wart on my index finger. Drug store treatments never helped. After using them the wart grew back. My aunt advised me to mix ground garlic with pig's fat (to prevent from burning, garlic can burn your skin really bad) and to keep this mixture overnight on the wart, wrapped well. I did it several times. The wart disappeared.

Comment from: anonymous, Published: August 31

I developed a plantar wart on the bottom of my heal that lasted for about 3 years. It was painful when I walked and I tried many treatments with the pads, but they never worked. I also went to a podiatrist and he froze it, but it came back. I finally gave up. Unrelated to the wart problem, I started to take a multi-vitamin like Centrum every day and the wart disappeared after a month or two. I don't know if the disappearance was related to the vitamin or not.

Comment from: Suz2u2, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 15

I have had flat warts for over 25 years and eventually they have covered most of my body and they are spreading to my face. Around two years ago, I was diagnosed with psoriasis. The warts never gave me trouble like they did when the psoriasis suddenly appeared. The warts do not like psoriasis and it is like they are in battle. The warts raise very high and itch constantly until I got a cortizone shot. Now things are great, that is until the psoriasis flares up again.

Comment from: laura, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I have got these plantar wart on my right foot. It's been a few months. I have got these warts on my right fingers and just one on my left hand. Few weeks ago, the GP gave me like a liquid to put it only in the area of the wart but I don't think it's working at all. I called my GP to see the doctor but it said I can get the appointment only on next month. Here, I am not able to walk. My fingers one doesn't pain but the one on my foot. It hurts. I am walking with only one leg for the last few days. I can't even stand properly. Seriously, looking for a permanent solution.

Comment from: Saunya, 7-12 Male (Caregiver) Published: September 26

My son had a number of warts on his fingers, knees and feet, especially around the nails when he was about 9. I hadn't treated them at all due to knowing that they usually go away on their own, but they just kept getting worse. On the advice of his Pediatrician we used the duct tape method on only one of the clusters of warts. According to the doctor the irritation stimulates the immune system and the body fights off the warts. Accurate or not it worked. All of the warts went away even though we treated only an inconspicuous cluster.

Warts - Effective Treatments Question: Which wart treatments have been effective for you?
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.