Patient Comments: Warts - Seeing a Doctor

Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.

Comment from: tudor, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: June 07

A wart first appeared on my right-hand nostril. My doctor agreed to remove it surgically by inserting a surgical syringe into the affected area, but warned me that there was a good chance that it would re-appear. It did, 3 weeks before I was due to go on holiday. I knew that it was too late for the doctor to have a second go, so I searched the web for possible cures. The favorite was covering the wart with silver backed duct tape, (must be silver), which I did. Ten days later the wart had disappeared, and, some 2 years later, it has not returned. Quick, painless, and cost free. It's worth a try. Better than the doctor's method.

Comment from: Jennie, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: November 11

As a child I had a wart on the tip of my nose. Yes I was humiliated, as kids are mean. After my doctor removed it several times he finally froze it and it never returned! It's not fun.

Comment from: Nana, 7-12 Female (Caregiver) Published: January 09

I have taken my granddaughter to two specialists to deal with a wart on the tip of her nose. The first doctor sold us medicine for 86 dollars and it blistered up and it seem to mostly go away but it returned bigger and uglier! It is embarrassing for her. The second doctor froze it off, but again it came back even bigger. Now I'm looking to find another doctor to try to get it off. It sticks out so easily because it started on the tip of her nose but now is long and down to her left nasal cavity.

Comment from: Ali, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: November 27

I just came back from the clinic after removing a foot wart. It's been causing me pain for a week or two specially when walking on bare feet. I thought it was a small piece of glass that went into my foot yet I don't remember stepping on broken glass. The doctor found out it's a wart. I can tell that it happened when I went to the beach a month ago.

Comment from: willie, 55-64 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 01

I had one on my foot underneath my small toe. It was successfully freezed out by my doctor. It was very painful for 3 to 5 days, I used Myprodol for pain relief.

Warts - Effective Treatments Question: Which wart treatments have been effective for you?
Warts - Experiences Question: Please describe your experience with common warts.
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.