Patient Comments: Warts - Effective Treatments

Which wart treatments have been effective for you?

Comment from: Meg, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My daughter had the cauliflower looking warts on her toes. After repeatedly trying over the counter methods we applied oregano oil daily for about 2 weeks. Next thing we knew they were gone. She now has the flat warts on her face but the oil doesn"t seem to be helping. We are still looking for a solution for that.

Comment from: taLa, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I have warts on my elbow. My husband bought "mantika de papel" which can be bought in a Chinese pharmacy. When he applied that liquid on my warts, I felt a little pain, the next day I saw my warts were flat. After a few days, it looks like nothing had happened on my elbow.

Comment from: 1warty, 55-64 (Patient) Published: October 22

I had a wart on my hand for a few years that nothing would deter, including liquid nitrogen. I read in the newspaper a home remedy - soak a cotton ball in vinegar and tape it to your hand overnight for several days. The vinegar made a raw sore on my hand but once it healed, the wart was finally gone. Modern medicine couldn't didn't do it!

Comment from: Niah, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

I had a wart on my head and garlic was my treatment. I would file it down, use peroxide if I wasn't washing my hair on that day and put a piece of garlic that covered the whole wart. I would then put a cotton ball and pin my hair over it so it doesn't move during the night. In the morning, I removed it, saw how much it improved, went on with my day without smelling like garlic and then started over the next night. It took about a month to get it right otherwise, It would've taken me 2 weeks. A little advice: Always use the right size of garlic slice, covering the whole wart but not covering too much healthy skin. Always use fresh garlic (this was the major cause of my setback).

Comment from: Val, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 19

I had a small but annoying wart on the side of my middle finger for two years. I tried using over-the-counter treatments, but none worked. Recently, I started noticing two more growing on the same hand, so I went to my doctor. He froze them with liquid nitrogen (three times each). I was not expecting them to get big blisters! Once the swelling came down, they turned into scabs, and I scratched them off.

Comment from: Kim, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 18

I have dissolved away many warts using apple cider vinegar. Put a small piece of q-tip cotton soaked in vinegar on the wart. Cover well with water-proof tape: white, medical tape, for example, or duct tape. Make sure no air can get in. Leave in place for 3 days. Don't get the area wet. After 3 days, remove the tape. The area will be white and withered. Sand down the wart with a nail file--it will rub off easily and painlessly. Leave the area uncovered for 24 hours, so that surrounding skin can recover. Then repeat the process until the wart is totally gone. This method works very well and is very inexpensive!

Comment from: al, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 28

I am reading your wart treatments with a view to removing the many hundreds of warts that have almost covered the insides of my thighs, under arms, over my eye lids and many other places since I have worked on a roof last winter which had all sorts of horrid things thrown on it from the inhabitants who lived above. I have tried cream, but it is sold in so small of quantities that is not worth buying. I need serious help here. They are horrible and getting worse.

Comment from: One wart is gone, (Patient) Published: July 28

I started to have plantar warts since 12. Of the four treated by doctor only one is gone. He used electricity to burn the wart and then cut them. Luckily, the biggest one is gone. The skin there feels a little different, when I press it, it's a bit hard. The other one got a bit smaller after the treatment and since then I don't try to do anything to it. The only that was really completely gone, was the one I scratched it off. It was rather small and very swollen. I used finger nails to scratch the side and it started bleeding. I got the whole whitish little ball like thing out and I guess that's the whole wart. After that, that particular wart never comes back!

Warts - Experiences Question: Please describe your experience with common warts.
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.