Patient Comments: Warts - Effective Treatments

Which wart treatments have been effective for you?

Comment from: yogadawn, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 01

Oregano oil is anti-viral and worked on warts on my finger and foot! I had tried freezing, acid drops, acid patch, and tea tree oil with no luck. However, the oregano oil on a cotton ball taped on, worked like magic. Persistent application is required and the oil much be diluted with another oil as it burns otherwise.

Comment from: manual_labour, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 28

I tried liquid nitrogen, multiple applications for my wart over many months, close to one year in fact. I ended up burning it off with a cigarette. It left a small scar, but never returned.

Comment from: Swaroop, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 17

I had around 20 warts on my right hand. I used to rub against them a solution of potassium sulfate and glycerin, which has an exothermic reaction and releases heat. Because of this heat the warts disappeared in few weeks.

Comment from: Karen, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 15

People who use the pumice stone for warts, seem to have a degree of success. This may be a coincidence, but as a teenager I had warts on my hands: I burned, frozen, and tried over the counter remedies. Nothing worked. One day I noticed the warts were getting smaller, and was doing no treatments, as I had given up. Sure enough day by day they were getting smaller and smaller, then they were gone. Finally it hit me what was causing this to happen. I had been going to my sister's house every day, and she had Lava soap in her bathroom, which is pumice. I've had a wart since, I got Lava and it was gone also.

Comment from: LeAnn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I have found that a bit of tissue soaked in vinegar on the wart, then covered with duct tape works within two or three weeks.

Comment from: lisa, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 10

For removing my warts I used Dewart which I bought online. It's made by Kanani products.

Comment from: 64driver, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: June 30

I have had a wart crop up twice in my finger. Once when I was about 10 years old, and once at about 30 years old. Both times I tried every over the counter option. The only thing that ended up working is picking at it with my nail until the wart was torn out. It hurts a little and bleeds a bit more than you would expect, but it worked!

Comment from: Meg, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 11

My daughter had the cauliflower looking warts on her toes. After repeatedly trying over the counter methods we applied oregano oil daily for about 2 weeks. Next thing we knew they were gone. She now has the flat warts on her face but the oil doesn"t seem to be helping. We are still looking for a solution for that.

Comment from: taLa, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 27

I have warts on my elbow. My husband bought "mantika de papel" which can be bought in a Chinese pharmacy. When he applied that liquid on my warts, I felt a little pain, the next day I saw my warts were flat. After a few days, it looks like nothing had happened on my elbow.

Warts - Experiences Question: Please describe your experience with common warts.
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.