Patient Comments: Warts - Effective Treatments

Which wart treatments have been effective for you?

Comment from: 13-18 Male (Caregiver) Published: August 26

My son had a planter wart for about a year. I paid to see a foot doctor and liquid to put on it, nothing helped. I almost scheduled surgery until I saw something about garlic. I am here to tell you that garlic works! We took a small slice and put it on and covered it with a band aid. The next day it started turning black. We kept doing this for about 10 days since it was deep and it has now been gone for 2 months. He had 2 on his fingers start and we did the same thing, and they are all gone. Go garlic.

Comment from: yofootnazty, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I had two planter warts when I was about 12. I had one on my hand when I was younger and used salicylic acid and freeze-off to remove it unsuccessfully. I didn't know what to do about the warts on my feet, so I picked at them with my fingernails and used a nail file and baby nail clippers. It was slightly painful, but since I removed them myself, they have never come back.

Comment from: Young guy, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: August 17

I'm surprised this article doesn't mention using a potato. I had a wart for 10 years and after my friend recommended rubbing a potato on it, I tried that method and it disappeared instantly. No need for even a second application. Don't waste your money on acids and plasters!and plasters!

Comment from: Jodi, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 28

My two teenage daughters had cluster warts on the bottom of their feet. They both wear flip flops daily and were very self-conscious about them and they hurt. I sent them to a naturopathic doctor and she prescribed high doses of zinc 500mg pills several times a day. The warts were all gone in a couple weeks and never came back. I'm so glad that I didn't try cutting them out like one doctor recommended.

Comment from: Carol, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

After many treatments of freezing and scarring I just can't keep up with tiny new flat warts on my legs. I feel these warts are ruining the looks of my skin. I no longer will wear shorts or skirts. I am so worried that these warts will soon take over every inch of my skin. What can I do to stop this spread of unsightly warts. My husband says he can't see them. Especially in the sun, I see them, they are flat and shiny.

Comment from: free and clear, Published: June 04

I had warts all over my hands. My mother cut a potato in half rubbed it all over the warts then put it back together and buried it under the drain pipe as the lady down the street told her to do. The warts disappeared as the potato rotted just as the old woman said they would.

Warts - Experiences Question: Please describe your experience with common warts.
Warts - OTC Treatments Question: Have you tried OTC treatments for warts? Please share your experience.
Warts - Seeing a Doctor Question: Why did you go to a doctor for wart removal? Was it successful? Please discuss your experience.