Warts (Common Warts)
- Warts are small, self-limited tumors caused by human papillomavirus (HPV) infection.
- Types of warts include common warts, flat warts, plantar warts, periungual warts, and filiform warts.
- Warts typically disappear on their own with time, but it may take years.
- Warts respond variably to a variety of treatment measures.
- Over-the-counter treatments for warts include salicylic-acid preparations and freezing kits.
- Warts may recur following treatment. Continue Reading
Reviewed on 2/25/2015
Get the Latest health and medical information delivered direct to your inbox!