- 7 Most Effective Exercises Pictures
- Take the Exercise and Fitness Quiz!
- How to Build a Better Butt Slideshow
- Do you remember your first step?
- What are the top 10 reasons to walk?
- What types of walking are there?
- Where can I find tips on walking techniques?
- Is walking really a workout?
- What are the biomechanics and types of foot strike?
- What type of foot do I have?
- What type of shoe should I buy?
- How many calories will I burn walking?
- How can people measure steps and calories burned during exercise?
- What's a good average walking speed?
- How much walking should I do?
- How do I get started?
- Where can I walk?
- Should I walk or run?
- Where can I get more information about walking?
Where can I get more information about walking?
The Complete Guide to Walking, New and Revised: For Health, Weight Loss, and Fitness, by Mark Fenton
|Walking||110 lbs.||125 lbs.||150 lbs.||174 lbs.||200 lbs.|
|Strolling less than 2 mph, level||100||114||136||159||182|
|Moderate pace, about 3 mph||175||199||239||278||318|
|Brisk pace, about 3.5 mph||200||227||273||318||364|
|Very brisk pace, about 4.5 mph||225||256||307||358||409|
|Moderate pace about 3 mph, uphill||300||341||409||477||545|
Bort-Roig, et al. "Measuring and influencing physical activity with smartphone technology: a systematic review." J Sports Med 44.5 May 2014: 671-686.
Katzmarzyk, P.T. "Sitting time and mortality from all causes, cardiovascular disease, and cancer." Med Sci Sports Exerc 41.5 May 2009: 998-1005.
Lee, J.M., et al. "Validity of Consumer-Based Physical Activity Monitors." Medicine & Science in Sports & Exercise 46.9 Sept. 2014: 1840-1848.
Swartz, A.M., et al. "Energy expenditure of interruptions to sedentary behavior." Int J Behav Nutr Phys Act 8 June 27, 2011: 69.
Trojian, T.H., et al. Exercise and colon cancer: primary and secondary prevention. Curr Sports Med Rep 6.2 Apr. 2007: 120-124.
Tudor-Locke, C., and L. Lutes. "Why do pedometers work? a reflection upon the factors related to successfully increasing physical activity." Sports Med 39.12 (2009): 981-993.
Veerman, J.L., et al. "Television viewing time and reduced life expectancy: a life table analysis." Br J Sports Med 46.13 Oct. 2012: 927-1030.