Patient Comments: Vitiligo - Depigmented Patches

Describe your type of vitiligo, its location on your body, and the progression of your depigmented patches.

Comment from: bheinz, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: March 06

I have had vitiligo since I was 3. It started on my knees and inner thighs but now at 24 it has moved all over my body and today it has moved to my scalp and has started to turn my hair white. I have tried everything my doctor told me to with no results, and this has caused me to experience depression in my whole life.

Comment from: precious, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: January 27

I had vitiligo covering all my right face including my right eye, right ear and right side of my nose and head since I was 3 years old. I have lived with it since hoping it will go off hoping hard, enduring the stigma and discrimination and now I am 24 years old.

Comment from: Hiyam, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: June 25

I have vitiligo and can't find anything or anyone to help me I don't go out I stay at home all the time I feel like freak can atone help me I am going out of my mind

Comment from: jules, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 06

The area where the white patches are located is around my genital area. It includes my rectum and vagina. I also have spots on my breast and foot that are not as pronounced.

Comment from: aamir wani, 19-24 Male (Caregiver) Published: May 06

I am from India. I was 14 years old when I was diagnosed with vitiligo. I had treated it very well and I got rid of it. Now I am 19 years old and enjoying my life with happiness.

Vitiligo - Effective Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your vitiligo?
Vitiligo - Diagnosis Question: How was your vitiligo diagnosed?
Vitiligo - Coping Question: What coping methods have helped you in dealing with the emotional and psychological issues associated with vitiligo?
Vitiligo - Personal Experience Question: With your first symptoms, did you suspect vitiligo or think it might be something else? Please describe your experience.