Patient Comments: Vitiligo - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your vitiligo?

Comment from: A M Kumar, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

After 7 years Lukoskin is showing good results for vitiligo; with proper diet and follow ups. Many dots are developing in my white patches. I am a little happy. People can try out with hope.

Comment from: Jacky, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

My vitiligo was started when I was 14. So many times I've tried to find a good cure or just a cure! And about 8 mouth ago I found something called Vitilemna and I thought that it will help me and it does! I used the pill Vitilemna and gel Vitilemna and I started getting results from the 5th month! Treatment is designed for 6 months. The results are quite good for now! I can't believe it! Maybe this cure isn't so cool for everybody but I think that everyone can try to use it.

Comment from: Louis, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 21

I was diagnosed with vitiligo 7 months ago. I have been using UVB light therapy 3 times a week as well as rotating Protopic for 2 weeks (morning and night) followed by clobetasol for 2 weeks (morning and night). It"s been a slow process, but with very noticeable results on the biggest patch and no noticeable difference on the smaller ones.

Comment from: Baljit, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

I have had vitiligo since I was about 14 years old. I have vitiligo on my left face area near the chin and cheek. I have tried a lot of different medicines, it would work for a while and then no improvement at all. Someone mentioned coconut oil, again worked for couple of days and none after that. Currently I am applying toothpaste on it and it seems like it is working better than anything I have used so far. But still it will take a while before seeing any major improvements.

Comment from: Ankur, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 04

I have the problem of vitiligo since I was 13. I tried all types of treatments but the result was negative. Ayurvedic treatment helped a bit but later they prescribed Lukoskin medicine due to which my spots spread more. Now I am not taking any more medication. I'm too tired and shattered. I have accepted that this disease cannot be cured.

Comment from: Akansha, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I was also suffering from leucoderma (vitiligo), and I was just tired of the many treatments. And I spent lots of money for a cure for this disease. But I could not get relief. One day my friend who is living told me about an Ayurvedic medicine Paardadi Lape (roop chandani). I used it and got my real skin tone back in one month.

Comment from: AgreeWithTheAlaskan, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: January 16

I agree with you on everything, we are different and because of the way society views people who are 'different' in many ways, we have to deal with this like any other thing in life - be positive, accept vitiligo as a feature that we have been given. I am grateful that I am healthy in every other way and this feature which is different to most, is a part of me and my family understands and accepts this; that is what matters for me, if a stranger stares at it then that is his problem!

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

I have vitiligo around my eyes and forehead, since 2007. I am 40 years now. Herbalife products helped me a lot. The condition has improved significantly.

Comment from: Skowas, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 04

At the age of 16 I had vitiligo and it was cured after taking homeopathy medicine, in six months. I was vitiligo free for 35 years. In 2012 January I found the white spots back and since then I have been taking homeopathy medicine from a different doctor. The result is slow, but for sure it stays in the same spots. I wish my first doctor were still alive. Stay positive and hopefully it will go away. Currently in addition to homeopathy I am using Microskin cover up make up and it helps if I do not use tie. Without using tie the makeup stays a few days and you can wash your face and it does not rub off.

Vitiligo - Diagnosis Question: How was your vitiligo diagnosed?
Vitiligo - Depigmented Patches Question: Describe your type of vitiligo, its location on your body, and the progression of your depigmented patches.
Vitiligo - Coping Question: What coping methods have helped you in dealing with the emotional and psychological issues associated with vitiligo?
Vitiligo - Personal Experience Question: With your first symptoms, did you suspect vitiligo or think it might be something else? Please describe your experience.