Patient Comments: Vitiligo - Effective Treatments

What kinds of treatments have been effective for your vitiligo?

Comment from: Lois, Female (Patient) Published: July 27

I was diagnosed with vitiligo a year ago. I began a UVB phototherapy plus Protopic twice a day three months ago with fantastic results on my face (100 percent re-pigmentation). The vitiligo on my hands is still the same, however I see that one spot is getting pigment back again. I do phototherapy at home 4 times a week as also take vitamin B12, zinc, vitamin D, probiotic and gingko. I stopped eating spicy and sour food.

Comment from: A M Kumar, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 03

After 7 years Lukoskin is showing good results for vitiligo; with proper diet and follow ups. Many dots are developing in my white patches. I am a little happy. People can try out with hope.

Comment from: Jacky, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: October 30

My vitiligo was started when I was 14. So many times I've tried to find a good cure or just a cure! And about 8 mouth ago I found something called Vitilemna and I thought that it will help me and it does! I used the pill Vitilemna and gel Vitilemna and I started getting results from the 5th month! Treatment is designed for 6 months. The results are quite good for now! I can't believe it! Maybe this cure isn't so cool for everybody but I think that everyone can try to use it.

Comment from: Louis, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 21

I was diagnosed with vitiligo 7 months ago. I have been using UVB light therapy 3 times a week as well as rotating Protopic for 2 weeks (morning and night) followed by clobetasol for 2 weeks (morning and night). It"s been a slow process, but with very noticeable results on the biggest patch and no noticeable difference on the smaller ones.

Comment from: Baljit, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: May 09

I have had vitiligo since I was about 14 years old. I have vitiligo on my left face area near the chin and cheek. I have tried a lot of different medicines, it would work for a while and then no improvement at all. Someone mentioned coconut oil, again worked for couple of days and none after that. Currently I am applying toothpaste on it and it seems like it is working better than anything I have used so far. But still it will take a while before seeing any major improvements.

Comment from: Artinium, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: June 21

My case of vitiligo started when I was in my early 20s. It started in my beard area. The doctor I saw gave me a cream to use and it cured it for the most part. It would never really tan a lot in the area but never went white either. Ever since then it spread all over mainly on my arms and legs. The thing is, the areas it spread to were never bigger than a pencil eraser and some would go back to normal all on its own and has been doing this for decades.

Comment from: skywayjen, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 19

I have had vitiligo I guess since I was a child. Just a couple of lighter spots and in the private area. In the past 5 to 10 years it is spreading and it is very visible, in my face, my hands and fingers. I have been using Neutrogena 110 sunblock. Everywhere people tell me there is nothing to do. I am not sure why it seems to be spreading more.

Comment from: Venkat, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 13

I have been facing vitiligo past 1 year onwards. I tried many treatments like Ayurvedic and UVB photo therapy. There is some cure due to UVB therapy in the chest. But there is no change on my lip.

Vitiligo - Diagnosis Question: How was your vitiligo diagnosed?
Vitiligo - Depigmented Patches Question: Describe your type of vitiligo, its location on your body, and the progression of your depigmented patches.
Vitiligo - Coping Question: What coping methods have helped you in dealing with the emotional and psychological issues associated with vitiligo?
Vitiligo - Personal Experience Question: With your first symptoms, did you suspect vitiligo or think it might be something else? Please describe your experience.