Patient Comments: Viral Hepatitis - Treatment

What types of treatment, including medication, have you received for your viral hepatitis?

Comment from: Steve Bulk, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: January 12

I got on interferon for viral hepatitis in 2003 which didn't work out, even after half a year of treatment. Now I am considering these new hepatitis C drugs that are more successful but my health insurance doesn't cover the costs, and costs are pretty high. I'm thinking about getting it from abroad (US citizen).

Comment from: Akwasi pii, 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: August 07

I am not yet put on medication for viral hepatitis, was just tested positive. Probably my doctor will put me on medication hopefully next week.

Viral Hepatitis - Signs and Symptoms Question: What were your signs and symptoms associated with viral hepatitis?
Viral Hepatitis - How You Got it Question: If known, how did you contract viral hepatitis? Please share your story.
Viral Hepatitis - Vaccinations Question: Have you received hepatitis vaccinations? If so, were they effective in preventing hepatitis?