vincristine - injection, Oncovin
GENERIC NAME: VINCRISTINE - INJECTION (vin-CRISS-teen)
BRAND NAME(S): Oncovin
If vincristine leaks out of the vein into the surrounding area, it may cause serious skin and tissue damage. Tell your health care professional immediately if you experience pain, irritation, redness, or swelling at the injection site. Prompt treatment of the leakage will help reduce discomfort and possible skin damage.
Vincristine injection is different than vincristine liposomal injection. The two drugs have different dosage recommendations.
Medically Reviewed by a Doctor on 4/16/2014
Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration
Need help identifying pills and medications?
Back to Medications Index
- Allergic Skin Disorders
- Bacterial Skin Diseases
- Bites and Infestations
- Diseases of Pigment
- Fungal Skin Diseases
- Medical Anatomy and Illustrations
- Noncancerous, Precancerous & Cancerous Tumors
- Oral Health Conditions
- Papules, Scales, Plaques and Eruptions
- Scalp, Hair and Nails
- Sexually Transmitted Diseases (STDs)
- Vascular, Lymphatic and Systemic Conditions
- Viral Skin Diseases
- Additional Skin Conditions