Patient Comments: Vestibular Balance Disorders - Cause

Question:What was the cause of your vestibular balance disorder?

Comment from: ccpitt, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 22

I was post-operation from bunionectomy/hammertoe surgery. It's been determined by my physician that unfortunately, I developed significant frostbite likely due to the cryotherapy machine used post-operation. Of course, this has impacted my recovery and return to work. The area is still being monitored (black toe and hard skin) with the possibility of a skin graft in my future. The temperature on the machine was set to 43 degrees F (pre-set by the machine representative) so, I was shocked at this development!

Comment from: Betty, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 08

I don't know. I woke up that way one morning 15 months ago and had to be hospitalized. I am not dizzy but my head feels weird and I feel more of a floating sensation. I have had physical therapy with all of the head and neck therapy but I still have balance problems and they are worse when I walk any distance. I wish I could get rid of this problem but have not had success. I am better than when it first started but it is still a miserable condition to live with.

Vestibular Balance Disorders - Diagnosis Question: How was your vestibular balance disorder diagnosed?
Vestibular Balance Disorders - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms associated with your balance disorder.
Vestibular Balance Disorders - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your balance disorder?