Patient Comments: Vertigo - Exercises

Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help?

Comment from: kotasgrammy9, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 12

This is my second occurrence of vertigo. This time on the 3rd day of it, I went to the doctor who performed the Epley maneuver on me. When I got home I felt like the vertigo was getting bad again; before I went to the doctor"s I was feeling a little bit better. I think perhaps it may have made matters worse for me.

Comment from: Margo, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: May 02

Originally I became fuzzy, this was cured by taking travel pills. Next stage was severe migraine and severe loss of balance, I had to retire to bed. Then I started to do neck exercises, and for a few years all was well. Then loss of balance started again, and has slowly got worse.

Comment from: Debbi, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

My physician did the Epley maneuver on me once but it was only a temporary fix. At the time I was diagnosed with BPPV (benign paroxysmal positional vertigo), now it is Meniere"s.

Vertigo - Symptoms Question: Do you experience nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms with your vertigo?
Vertigo - Causes Question: Do you know what causes or brings on your vertigo?
Vertigo - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment have you had for your vertigo? Did it help?