Patient Comments: Vertigo - Treatment

What kind of treatment have you had for your vertigo? Did it help?

Comment from: Gverhey, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I have vertigo for weeks on end. It started in 2011 when I had a stroke that affected my cerebellum. The neurologist has prescribed topiramate 400 mg and Valium 10 mg a day, it went away for 3 weeks, but I went off a medicine I was on for depression, and the vertigo went away for 8 months. It's back now 7 days straight, I recently found out I have ovarian cancer, had blood clot in leg and lung, I have to get this vertigo cleared up, I have to have surgery soon.

Vertigo - Symptoms Question: Do you experience nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms with your vertigo?
Vertigo - Causes Question: Do you know what causes or brings on your vertigo?
Vertigo - Exercises Question: Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help?