Patient Comments: Vertigo - Symptoms

Do you experience nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms with your vertigo?

Comment from: Mary, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: December 30

My daughter started experiencing dizziness, and nausea with severe headaches during and after a virus which lasted one month. Since this very bad bout of flu which has reoccurred, she has been unable to drive, feeling a lack of co-ordination. She is very concerned about this as she has had to pull aside and call her husband to pick her up on three occasions.

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I have always had this vertigo since I was a child, like car sickness and only can sit on the passenger side when riding in backseat. Recently I had a plane ride and was very dizzy when I got up to exit plane both trips. I could barely stand as I was so off balance. Lately I have been joining the kids in their pool and after about 30 minutes of floating on back and swimming under water, when I stand up I have been dizzy and nauseous. Seems to happen every time I try to join them in the pool.

Comment from: seadog Dan, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

When I roll to my right I spin out of control, cannot walk, and throw up because of vertigo. When I push on my head my right ear rings worse than ever.

Comment from: Feadedfeather50, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

Yesterday I woke feeling dizzy when I turned over. I started feeling sick to my stomach. When I went to get out of the shower I bent over to put a towel over my wet hair, I got so dizzy it made me sick again. If I look up at the ceiling it does the same thing.

Comment from: AThompson, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I just had a severe vertigo experience that lasted about 3 hours in the hospital. It was my second time, but this was much worse; extreme nausea, dizziness, extreme weakness to the point of almost passing out (I could hear but could not respond), and even hallucinating, as the room moved in weird ways in addition to the spinning if I opened my eyes. All the tests done showed no indications of heart or brain malfunction. I was told it happens more with age. I am 78.

Comment from: rich, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I did vomit twice with vertigo. Felt like the stroke I had ten years ago but much less.

Comment from: Tammy57, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 08

I am just curious. July 2016 my husband had a heart attack. He was told he needed angioplasty. If this procedure wasn't done, leaving my husband with limited breathing capacity, I wonder if that could cause vertigo.

Comment from: Mohd.S., 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 21

I had sudden spinning of head one year ago and it stopped after taking drips. Again when I woke up in the morning, I had severe head spinning and nonstop vomiting. I was looking for a solution.

Vertigo - Causes Question: Do you know what causes or brings on your vertigo?
Vertigo - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment have you had for your vertigo? Did it help?
Vertigo - Exercises Question: Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help?