Patient Comments: Vertigo - Symptoms

Do you experience nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms with your vertigo?

Comment from: AThompson, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I just had a severe vertigo experience that lasted about 3 hours in the hospital. It was my second time, but this was much worse; extreme nausea, dizziness, extreme weakness to the point of almost passing out (I could hear but could not respond), and even hallucinating, as the room moved in weird ways in addition to the spinning if I opened my eyes. All the tests done showed no indications of heart or brain malfunction. I was told it happens more with age. I am 78.

Comment from: My wife Ling, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

I have been diagnosed by the local government clinic to be suffering from vertigo. Yes, nausea, vomiting and spinning sensation were the problems I went through that day. I was rested by the doctor and was administered a drip. After that when I felt much better I was asked to go back home. Now I am worried that this illness will recur.

Comment from: Tammy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

With vertigo my eyes were wavy like hot cement, or tornado spinning. I was nauseous and weak. I thought I was having a stroke.

Comment from: naeem, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

I feel weakness with vertigo, sometimes I feel my ears blocking. When I drive, especially 50 miles or above, my brain starts shaking and I get panic attack, I feel that I may lose control of my car. When I move my head in circle three or four times I start feeling dizzy. I am diabetic, I have sleep apnea, and high cholesterol but not high blood pressure.

Comment from: Chrissie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: August 04

I experience nausea, vomiting, frontal headaches, chills, dizziness and feeling of walking sideways. I also get overwhelming fatigue with vertigo.

Comment from: skeetah, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

With vertigo I have nausea, head pain, and earache.

Comment from: lala, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: August 11

Because of vertigo I have fullness in head, dizziness, nausea, diarrhea, and noise in ear.

Comment from: bina, 35-44 (Patient) Published: June 10

I feel dizziness, vomiting and imbalance because of my vertigo.

Comment from: yelhsa123, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 14

Last week, my 5 year old daughter had an episode of dizziness, nausea, and vomiting for about 10 hours, but no fever or other symptoms. When we took her to the emergency room (mostly concerned about dehydration) they said it was vertigo; very rare in a child. The next 48 hours were filled with pediatrician and neurologist appointments, admittance to the hospital for blood work, MRI and lumbar puncture (and IV finally). All tests were normal thank goodness, and after one 1/4 dose of meclizine, she was able to eat and drink and after a few days able to sit, stand, walk. She was totally back to normal a week later. So scary, and hopefully it won"t happen again, but if it does, we"ll know what it is and wait for it to pass.

Vertigo - Causes Question: Do you know what causes or brings on your vertigo?
Vertigo - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment have you had for your vertigo? Did it help?
Vertigo - Exercises Question: Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help?