Patient Comments: Vertigo - Symptoms

Do you experience nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms with your vertigo?

Comment from: 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: June 22

I have always had this vertigo since I was a child, like car sickness and only can sit on the passenger side when riding in backseat. Recently I had a plane ride and was very dizzy when I got up to exit plane both trips. I could barely stand as I was so off balance. Lately I have been joining the kids in their pool and after about 30 minutes of floating on back and swimming under water, when I stand up I have been dizzy and nauseous. Seems to happen every time I try to join them in the pool.

Comment from: seadog Dan, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: April 01

When I roll to my right I spin out of control, cannot walk, and throw up because of vertigo. When I push on my head my right ear rings worse than ever.

Comment from: Feadedfeather50, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 01

Yesterday I woke feeling dizzy when I turned over. I started feeling sick to my stomach. When I went to get out of the shower I bent over to put a towel over my wet hair, I got so dizzy it made me sick again. If I look up at the ceiling it does the same thing.

Comment from: AThompson, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: September 11

I just had a severe vertigo experience that lasted about 3 hours in the hospital. It was my second time, but this was much worse; extreme nausea, dizziness, extreme weakness to the point of almost passing out (I could hear but could not respond), and even hallucinating, as the room moved in weird ways in addition to the spinning if I opened my eyes. All the tests done showed no indications of heart or brain malfunction. I was told it happens more with age. I am 78.

Comment from: My wife Ling, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 18

I have been diagnosed by the local government clinic to be suffering from vertigo. Yes, nausea, vomiting and spinning sensation were the problems I went through that day. I was rested by the doctor and was administered a drip. After that when I felt much better I was asked to go back home. Now I am worried that this illness will recur.

Comment from: Mohd.S., 25-34 Male (Patient) Published: April 21

I had sudden spinning of head one year ago and it stopped after taking drips. Again when I woke up in the morning, I had severe head spinning and nonstop vomiting. I was looking for a solution.

Comment from: Richard, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: December 01

I am a retired engineer. I have been deaf in my left ear for several years (cause unknown). My first serious episode of vertigo occurred about 18 month ago. Since that time I have experienced episodes of varying intensity at least once a month. I had surgery to implant a tube in my inner ear which seemed to help for a short time but now the symptoms have returned. This thing has taken over my life and I don't know where to turn.

Comment from: Tammy, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 10

With vertigo my eyes were wavy like hot cement, or tornado spinning. I was nauseous and weak. I thought I was having a stroke.

Comment from: naeem, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: November 18

I feel weakness with vertigo, sometimes I feel my ears blocking. When I drive, especially 50 miles or above, my brain starts shaking and I get panic attack, I feel that I may lose control of my car. When I move my head in circle three or four times I start feeling dizzy. I am diabetic, I have sleep apnea, and high cholesterol but not high blood pressure.

Vertigo - Causes Question: Do you know what causes or brings on your vertigo?
Vertigo - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment have you had for your vertigo? Did it help?
Vertigo - Exercises Question: Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help?