Patient Comments: Vertigo - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with your vertigo?

Comment from: yelhsa123, 3-6 Female (Caregiver) Published: April 14

Last week, my 5 year old daughter had an episode of dizziness, nausea, and vomiting for about 10 hours, but no fever or other symptoms. When we took her to the emergency room (mostly concerned about dehydration) they said it was vertigo; very rare in a child. The next 48 hours were filled with pediatrician and neurologist appointments, admittance to the hospital for blood work, MRI and lumbar puncture (and IV finally). All tests were normal thank goodness, and after one 1/4 dose of meclizine, she was able to eat and drink and after a few days able to sit, stand, walk. She was totally back to normal a week later. So scary, and hopefully it won"t happen again, but if it does, we"ll know what it is and wait for it to pass.

Comment from: Peggy, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: June 06

I have vertigo for over a year now. It's the falling down, nauseated, throwing-up kind. It begins with the spinning room and gets worse from there and last one to two hours. I feel very weak and chilled afterward and go to sleep. I am currently taking Serc four times a day. I also have vestibular migraines associated with vertigo. I'm currently seeing an ear, nose, and throat doctor for hearing loss.

Comment from: anonymous, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: July 17

I have been diagnosed with vertigo for two years now and I can tell you that it is not pleasant. I don't have the nausea and vomiting with it. I'm not able to walk without some kind of aid.

Comment from: Gardener Lady, 75 or over Female (Patient) Published: March 29

My vertigo symptoms include a roaring noise (tinnitus), instant nausea, dizziness, loss of balance, photophobia, continuous vomiting, urinary incontinence, along with the inability to move except my toes and fingers. My speech is OK. The symptoms last several hours before gradually improving.

Vertigo - Symptoms Question: Do you experience nausea, vomiting, or other symptoms with your vertigo?
Vertigo - Causes Question: Do you know what causes or brings on your vertigo?
Vertigo - Treatment Question: What kind of treatment have you had for your vertigo? Did it help?
Vertigo - Exercises Question: Have you tried vestibular rehabilitation exercises (Cawthorne head exercises or the Epley maneuver) for your vertigo? Did they help?