Vegetarian and Vegan Diet Index
Featured: Vegetarian and Vegan Diet Main Article
There are many types of vegetarians: vegans, lacto-vegetarians, lacto-ovo vegetarians, and flexitarians. Vegans eat only plant-based foods. Lacto-vegetarians eat plant-based foods and milk products. Lacto-ovo vegetarians eat plant-based foods, milk products, and eggs. Flexitarians eat plant-based foods and occasionally eat meat, poultry, or fish.
Breast cancer is an invasive tumor that develops in the mammary gland. Breast cancer is detected via mammograms, breast...learn more »
In This Article
Breast Cancer Article
- Breast cancer facts
- What is breast cancer?
- What are the statistics on male breast cancer?
- What are the different types of breast cancer? Where does breast cancer come from?
- What causes breast cancer?
- What are breast cancer risk factors? How do you get breast cancer?
- What about antiperspirants or deodorants as causes of breast cancer?
- What are breast cancer symptoms and signs?
- What tests do physicians use to diagnose breast cancer?
- What is HER2-positive breast cancer?
- What tests detect HER2?
- Do symptoms and signs of HER2-positive breast cancer differ from those of HER2-negative breast cancer?
- What are therapies for HER2-positive breast cancers?
- How are breast cancer stages determined?
- What are breast cancer treatments?
- What are breast cancer survival rates by stage? What is the prognosis of breast cancer?
- Is it possible to prevent breast cancer?
- What research is being done on breast
cancer? Is it worthwhile to participate in a breast cancer clinical trial?
- I may have
breast cancer. What questions should I ask my doctor?
- Is the doctor sure I have breast cancer?
- What type of breast cancer do I have?
- What difference does a precise
breast cancer diagnosis
- What has been done to exclude cancer in other areas of
the same breast or in my other breast?
- What type of medical team do I need for the most accurate
breast cancer diagnosis?
- Is my family history relevant to my breast cancer diagnosis?
- What other studies should be done on my breast tissue biopsy?
- How urgent is it that I make
decisions and begin breast cancer treatment?
- Should I stop taking hormone
replacement therapy (HRT) after a breast cancer diagnosis?
- Even though my breast tumor does not have hormone receptors,
should I take tamoxifen to reduce the risk of a new tumor?
- I have a ductal carcinoma in situ (DCIS), a type of
localized cancer. Why have I been advised to have a mastectomy when other women
with invasive breast cancer have lumpectomies?
- Should I start
chemotherapy before surgery for breast cancer?
- If I am advised to have a mastectomy,
what are the risks and benefits of immediate breast reconstruction?
- Should breast cancer patients have their lymph nodes removed?
- What is a sentinel lymph node biopsy, and what
are its benefits and risks?
- Are there any other questions I
should ask my doctor about breast cancer?
In This Article
Breastfeeding (and Formula Feeding) Article
- Breastfeeding facts
- When should we decide about breastfeeding?
- Why is the choice so important?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of breastfeeding?
- What are the advantages and disadvantages of formula feeding?
- Can we use both forms of feedings for our baby?
- Is there any special preparation required for breastfeeding?
- When can breastfeeding begin?
- What is the proper technique for breastfeeding?
- When should breast pumps be used?
- Should certain foods be avoided while breastfeeding?
- Clogged milk ducts
- Sore nipples
- When should one seek medical care for problems with breastfeeding?
- Can supplements or medications increase a low milk supply?
- Is it possible to breastfeed while pregnant?
- Is smoking harmful when breastfeeding?
- Do breast implants, surgeries, or reductions affect breastfeeding?
- How should one wean a baby from breastfeeding?
High cholesterol and triglyceride levels increase the risk of cardiovascular disease. Getting your cholesterol and triglyceride...learn more »
In This Article
- What is cholesterol?
- What are the different types of cholesterol?
- Why is high cholesterol dangerous?
- Where does cholesterol come from?
- What are normal cholesterol levels?
- Which foods can help lower cholesterol?
- What other lifestyle interventions help lower cholesterol?
- What medications are available to treat high cholesterol?
Depression is an illness that involves the body, mood, and thoughts and affects the way a person eats and sleeps, the way one...learn more »
In This Article
- Depression facts
- What is a depressive disorder?
- What are myths about depression?
- What are the types of depression, and what are depression symptoms and signs?
- Depression symptoms and signs in men
- Depression symptoms and signs in women
- Depression symptoms and signs in teenagers
- Depression symptoms and signs in children
- What are the risk factors and causes of depression?
- Postpartum depression
- What tests do health-care professionals use to diagnose depression?
- What treatments are available for depression?
- What is the general approach to treating depression?
- What about sexual dysfunction related to antidepressants?
- What about discontinuing antidepressants?
- What are complications of depression?
- What is the prognosis for depression?
- Is it possible to prevent depression?
- What about self-help and home remedies for depression?
- How can someone help a person who is depressed?
- Where can one seek help for depression?
- What is in the future for depression?
- Where can people find more information about depression?
In This Article
Diabetes (Type 1 and Type 2) Article
- Diabetes facts
- What is diabetes?
- How many people in the US have diabetes?
- 6 early signs and symptoms of diabetes
- How do I know if I have diabetes?
- What causes diabetes?
- What are the risk factors for diabetes?
- What are the different types of diabetes?
- Type 1 diabetes
- Type 2 diabetes
- What are the other types of diabetes?
- What kind of doctor treats diabetes?
- How is diabetes diagnosed?
- Why is blood sugar checked at home?
- What are the acute complications of diabetes?
- What are the chronic complications of diabetes?
- What can be done to slow the complications of diabetes?
- What is the prognosis for a person with diabetes?