Patient Comments: Vasculitis - Diagnosis

How was your vasculitis diagnosed?

Comment from: wannabpainfree, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: March 29

I am a 32 year old mother of two. I was just diagnosed with vasculitis after numerous trips to the emergency room. I have an appointment with a specialist next month. I have seen a family doctor, rheumatologist, and neurologist so far, and they all came to the same conclusion of vasculitis. I am in excruciating pain and the Gabapentin only takes the head off the pain. My feet have turned beet red and I can't walk. It is so bad that I am in physical therapy three times a week and use a walker. My doctors are also checking into some form of lymphoma. My kidneys hurt a lot, I have headaches, and my legs cramp.

Comment from: Masiah27, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: January 20

I'm sixteen years old and got diagnosed with vasculitis when I was 14. I was pregnant and starting getting this around my first trimester. First I didn't know what it was and thought i was allergic to something. It just is starting to get worse. It finally went away after I had my son. Now I'm scarred with this and doctors won't do anything for me.

Comment from: Nita Foeva, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 20

At the end if April 2011 I was diagnosed with vasculitis the disease attacked my kidneys and my lungs. I spent 2 1/2 weeks in the ICU. I have been home for a month. My kidney level is 4.1, not getting much better. I am continuing chemotherapy treatments. My lungs filled with blood and were damaged but are getting better. This is a disease I will always have embracing it is the only way to live. That and praying that this chemotherapy treatment works.

Comment from: Anne-Marie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I was diagnosed with vasculitis by having a biopsy in 2 areas on my upper arm where inflammation of the skin was most prominent.

Comment from: sunshine, 13-18 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I am 18 years old and I am suffering from vasculitis. I started getting joint pain in the small joint of my hands and feet in the year 2007. I was hospitalized many times because of my critical it was unbearable. I've been on prednisolone and in 2009 my doctor started me off on cyclophosphamide. I will be on those medications for a while. Ever since this have started my life was never the same, it has affected my everyday living.

Comment from: Amanda, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: August 17

I was diagnosed by a dermatologist. After begging my doctor to send me to specialists for approximately four months I finally saw a fantastic dermatologist who took one look and knew straight away what I had - it was such a relief.

Comment from: bonnie, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 19

I was diagnosed finally with vasculitis. I would like to know why mine nearly always starts with severe headaches and large clumps of lesions on my head and ears.

Vasculitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with vasculitis.
Vasculitis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for your vasculitis?
Vasculitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with vasculitis?
Vasculitis - Causes Question: What were the causes of your case of vasculitis?