Patient Comments: Vasculitis - Symptoms

What symptoms did you experience with vasculitis?

Comment from: Shaw, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I developed red spots on my ankles at age 21 and have had inflammation of my skin in various places. I have other symptoms of vasculitis that progressed as I got older, such as stiffness in legs and lower back that made me feel like an old man. I ended up being tested for Lyme disease because my wife was diagnosed with it and they believe it can pass between partners. They discovered I have Rocky Mountain spotted fever and treated me with Plaquenil and azithromycin for 6 months. I am into treatment for 3 months and all inflammation is gone and all back pain and stiffness is gone too. I feel like a twenty year old with no problems. They also said I had Lyme disease but my body cured it, I have a very strong immune system. Go get tested if you have tried all else. I suffered for 30 plus years.

Comment from: pcorn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: April 27

I am having a problem with hearing my heartbeat in my ear. The problem has existed for about a month. I have been diagnosed with vasculitis and rheumatoid arthritis. I wonder if it is possible that the heart beat in the ear could be related to vasculitis.

Comment from: smharris, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I was having serious neck pain where I could not talk or move my head. After the CT scan with dye it was determined I had an inflamed blood vessel in my neck. I am now waiting for an appointment with a rheumatologist.

Vasculitis - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with vasculitis.
Vasculitis - Diagnosis Question: How was your vasculitis diagnosed?
Vasculitis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for your vasculitis?
Vasculitis - Causes Question: What were the causes of your case of vasculitis?