Patient Comments: Vasculitis - Describe Your Experience

Please describe your experience with vasculitis.

Comment from: cassiesmum, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 19

I have vasculitis, its horrible illness; I cannot wear skirts, or shorts during the warm weather. The backs of my thighs, buttocks and face have sores/spots over them and they're really painful. At times my whole body is wrecked with pain and fever. My GP is not very helpful, I have begged for stronger pain medication, but I'm told no, because I'm still young? I would love to meet a more sympathetic Gp, any advice on how to find one, would be greatly appreciated. I also have Rheumatoid Arthritis.

Comment from: Sailor, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 19

I'm currently in the Navy and in November, I had this outbreak of red sores all over my face. I felt like a monster. The Navy doctors either didn't know and/or didn't care what it was. They sent me home with some anti-histamines and told me to drink plenty of water. It went away after about a week. It has come back about every two months or so since then. I was home for Christmas last week and I had another outbreak, so I decided to see a civilian doctor. He took one look at me and told me he was almost positive it was vasculitis. I am now awaiting the results from the biopsy.

Comment from: Regsezheyo, 45-54 Male (Caregiver) Published: October 13

My husband was diagnosed with a brain infection, then stroke, then tumor. He is 47 years old and has had a major brain injury. There are now saying the MRI suggests vasculitis. He is at home and doing well after a coma, and Rehab hospital and the doctors still don't know what it was or is. Can vasculitis affect the brain?

Comment from: Malcolm, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: October 13

During a recent holiday abroad my toes on both feet seem badly bruised without being injured. The rest of my feet were mottled and then the skin began to crack open. The same has happened to my hands without the bruising. I am awaiting tests with a specialist. My doctor thinks it is urgent, but the first available appointment is 5th November. I also suffer a chronic disease called Hydradenitis Suppurative.

Vasculitis - Diagnosis Question: How was your vasculitis diagnosed?
Vasculitis - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment did you receive for your vasculitis?
Vasculitis - Symptoms Question: What symptoms did you experience with vasculitis?
Vasculitis - Causes Question: What were the causes of your case of vasculitis?