- Spider and Varicose Veins Slideshow Pictures
- Take the Skin Quiz
- Patient Comments: Varicose Veins - Treatments
- Patient Comments: Varicose Veins - Symptoms
- Patient Comments: Varicose Veins - Surgery Experience
- Varicose veins and spider veins facts
- What are veins and what is their function?
- What are varicose veins and spider veins?
- Varicose vein and spider vein pictures
- Who gets varicose and spider veins?
- What causes varicose and spider veins?
- What are varicose vein symptoms?
- How are varicose veins evaluated (diagnosed)?
- What treatments are available for varicose veins and spider veins?
- How can compression stockings help with varicose veins?
- What is sclerotherapy?
- Pictures of sclerotherapy treatment
- What are potential side effects and complications of sclerotherapy?
- What surgical procedures are available to treat varicose veins?
- Can laser be used to treat varicose and spider veins?
- What type of doctors provide treatments for varicose and spider veins?
- What are the side effects of these treatments?
- How can varicose veins be prevented?
Quick GuideSpider and Varicose Veins Pictures Slideshow: Causes, Before-and-After Treatment Images
How can varicose veins be prevented?
Prevention of varicose veins may be accomplished by periodic leg elevation, avoidance of prolonged standing, and wearing elastic support hose. Regular exercise and control of weight can also be beneficial. These measures can prevent or slow down the progression of varicose veins.
Medically reviewed by Paul Skudder, Jr., MD; American Board of Surgery with subspecialties in Vascular Surgery and Surgical Critical
Fitzpatrick's Dermatology in General Medicine, McGraw-Hill, 1999.
Harrison's Principles of Internal Medicine, McGraw-Hill, edited by Eugene Braunwald, et. al., 2011.