Patient Comments: Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci (VRE) - Treatments

What treatment has been effective for your VRE infection?

Comment from: zafar i., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I feel vertigo as my head is moving and have a feeling like I will have a sudden fall on earth. This has developed for last one month and I am even unable to walk when it gets started, and headache then remains constant. I have nasal congestion and my nose many times remains blocked and I feel that oxygen supply problem may have effect on brain or may be pressure on ear due to this. I am working as a nursing superintendent in a tertiary care hospital.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 27

I'm being treated with Bactrim. It appears to work.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Raymond, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 23

For my VRE infection I use a 50 mg Tigecycline IV twice every day for 7 days, followed by Zyvox (linezolid) 600 mg orally twice every day for 10 days.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Vancomycin - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your VRE infection?
Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (VRE) - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your vancomycin-resistant enterococcal (VRE) infection?
Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (VRE) - Precautions Question: Have you taken care of someone with a VRE infection? Please share your caregiving tips for practicing good hygiene.

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors