Patient Comments: Vancomycin Resistant Enterococci (VRE) - Treatments

Question:What treatment has been effective for your VRE infection?

Comment from: zafar i., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 18

I feel vertigo as my head is moving and have a feeling like I will have a sudden fall on earth. This has developed for last one month and I am even unable to walk when it gets started, and headache then remains constant. I have nasal congestion and my nose many times remains blocked and I feel that oxygen supply problem may have effect on brain or may be pressure on ear due to this. I am working as a nursing superintendent in a tertiary care hospital.

Comment from: 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: December 27

I'm being treated with Bactrim. It appears to work.

Comment from: Raymond, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: March 23

For my VRE infection I use a 50 mg Tigecycline IV twice every day for 7 days, followed by Zyvox (linezolid) 600 mg orally twice every day for 10 days.

Vancomycin - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your VRE infection?
Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (VRE) - Causes Question: If known, what was the cause of your vancomycin-resistant enterococcal (VRE) infection?
Vancomycin-Resistant Enterococci (VRE) - Precautions Question: Have you taken care of someone with a VRE infection? Please share your caregiving tips for practicing good hygiene.