Patient Comments: Vaginal Pain and Vulvodynia - Home Remedies

Question:What home remedies have been helpful in relieving your vaginal pain and vulvodynia?

Comment from: Shelynn, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I"ve had vulvodynia pain, off and on, for about as long as I can remember (30 years? I"m 49 now). I was also diagnosed with fibromyalgia in "91 by two doctors (in case there"s a connection). I never knew what was causing this extreme itching and cutting pain in my labia, which stings most when I introduce any liquid to the area, but the symptoms of vulvodynia seem to fit best. I got so desperate the other night (waiting for obstetrician/gynecologist appointment) that I applied the kind of lidocaine with aloe that I use for sunburn. This helps some, as long as I put just a very thin layer on and only on the spots that are most painful. I"m looking for a better solution, however.

Comment from: Vivienne, Female (Patient) Published: June 02

I had back pain which also included the groin area. I at the same time started an Itch. I was given cortisone cream, no help. I was sent to 3 different women"s hospitals, each with women"s disorders clinics. Then I was given a new doctor at my medical center. She sent me to the head gynecologist in the obstetrics department. (I am 72!) It worked. No scented gels, creams or lotions; hypoallergenic toilet paper and standing or lying sometimes to watch television.

Vaginal Pain and Vulvodynia - Medications Question: What medications or other medical treatments have helped your vaginal pain (vulvodynia)?
Vaginal Pain (Vulvodynia) - Symptoms Question: What were your symptoms associated with vulvodynia?
Vaginal Pain (Vulvodynia) - Diagnosis Question: Please describe the tests and exams you received that led to a diagnosis of vulvodynia.
Vaginal Pain (Vulvodynia) - Prognosis Question: Have you found a remedy for your vulvodynia? How have you managed the symptoms?