Patient Comments: Vaginal Bleeding - Treatment

What types of treatment, medication, or surgery did you receive for irregular vaginal bleeding?

Comment from: brenolson1, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 23

I had a D and C at the end of September to help with heavy bleeding. Now my doctor has me on Safyral and progesterone to try to control my bleeding but I am still bleeding every day but lightly. We are planning a hysterectomy in June.

Was this comment helpful?Yes
Comment from: Bebe, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I am 46 years old with 3 children. Since 2010 I am bleeding heavily. I had a sterilization in 2009 and had a normal cycle until this happened. It started out for 5 days and 2011 it changes to 10 days. I go every month to the nearest clinic for my checkups. They gave me hormonal tablets and tablets to stop the bleeding, they did all the necessary test but the bleeding is 15 days a month now and it's a big inconvenience and expense for me. I get black outs, heavy sweats and heart palpitations during those times.

Was this comment helpful?Yes

Patient Comments

Viewers share their comments

Vaginal Bleeding - Causes Question: If you ovulate regularly, what is the cause of your abnormal vaginal bleeding?
Vaginal Bleeding - Post Menopause Question: What were the reasons for your post-menopausal vaginal bleeding?
Vaginal Bleeding - Intercourse Question: Have you experienced vaginal bleeding after intercourse? Did you see a doctor? What was the diagnosis?
Vaginal Bleeding - Tests Question: What types of tests and exams did you undergo to evaluate your abnormal vaginal bleeding?

Patient Comments are not a substitute for professional medical advice, diagnosis, or treatment. Never delay or disregard seeking professional medical advice from your physician or other qualified health provider because of something you have read on MedicineNet. The opinions expressed in the comments section are of the author and the author alone. MedicineNet does not endorse any specific product, service or treatment.

Alert If you think you have a medical emergency, call your doctor or 911 immediately.

Report Problems to the Food and Drug Administration

You are encouraged to report negative side effects of prescription drugs to the FDA. Visit the FDA MedWatch website or call 1-800-FDA-1088.

Health Solutions From Our Sponsors