Patient Comments: Vaginal Bleeding - Intercourse

Have you experienced vaginal bleeding after intercourse? Did you see a doctor? What was the diagnosis?

Comment from: unknown, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: August 14

One time when I had sex with my boyfriend, I had vaginal bleeding, so we stopped. Then I think it lasted less than 2 hours, but the bleeding never came back. Also that time I got drunk but my partner was not. He also used his finger inside.

Comment from: Madi, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

It was my first time to have sexual intercourse using a condom with my partner. After sex, as I wiped my vagina with tissue, there was also blood with the lubrication. After 5 months, there is still blood after intercourse.

Comment from: Collegegirl1, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

I have been having intercourse with this guy on and off 5 months now and every now and then I bleed during sex. The vaginal bleeding normally happens when we take a break for a while and when we have sex for the first time after a break. It is usually a lot at first then gets lighter and goes away eventually. There is absolutely zero pain. It is just kind of an annoying and kills the mood. I am scared because I heard it can be anything from tearing in my walls, an STD, or even cancer and I'm only 19. Also I'm on the pill and have been on it since I was 16. He is my second partner and we use a condom 90 percent of the time.

Comment from: nervous, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 30

I have undergone total hysterectomy and after the surgery I bleed sometimes after a sexual intercourse.

Comment from: jojo, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: November 10

The doctor said I had some bacteria and that was what caused the vaginal bleeding. I was prescribed some medicines.

Comment from: Bob ntsoaki, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: July 23

I usually bleed during sexual intercourse and I don't know what the cause is. I need help.

Comment from: vaginal bleeding, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: June 02

It was my first time seeing blood after intercourse and it worried me because I saw my menstruations two weeks back. But I was having abdominal pains before entering intercourse.

Vaginal Bleeding - Causes Question: If you ovulate regularly, what is the cause of your abnormal vaginal bleeding?
Vaginal Bleeding - Post Menopause Question: What were the reasons for your post-menopausal vaginal bleeding?
Vaginal Bleeding - Tests Question: What types of tests and exams did you undergo to evaluate your abnormal vaginal bleeding?
Vaginal Bleeding - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, medication, or surgery did you receive for irregular vaginal bleeding?