Patient Comments: Vaginal Bleeding - Causes

If you ovulate regularly, what is the cause of your abnormal vaginal bleeding?

Comment from: llstalnaker, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 17

I have been bleeding for 38 days now, I have used over 200 tampons and had to wear thick pads while wearing the tampons, and have gone through 3 bags of the pads. I went to a clinic and I showed them how much blood I was losing about every 20 minutes. I was told they could not see me, and told me I needed to go to the emergency room (ER). I went to the ER, and at that time I had only been bleeding for 21 days, they told me my blood work was fine. They said I had a few cysts on my ovaries, and during the whole time of my pelvic exam they had to use a thing that continually suctioned my blood out just to do the exam. They put me on a medication called Provera for 7 days and sent me home, told me to make an appointment with a gynecologist to have a pap smear and a biopsy. However I ended up in another ER about 3 days later short of breath, stayed for 2 days and was told from all the blood loss I had anemia. I was told to take iron pills and sent home, however it is now the 38th day and I'm still bleeding heavy, if the doctors don"t know what to do, then I sure don"t. I am now very weak, hurt all over, pale, and very frustrated, no insurance and the free clinics just tell me to go to the ER, where they do nothing. So I am just at a loss.

Comment from: jane, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: April 11

I have this bleeding for 12 days. Usually I have a menstruation for 5 days only. But after my menstruation finished I have this continuous bleeding for 5 days. I have undergone blood transfusions before and now I"m scared it will happen again.

Comment from: Treecatknee, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: March 04

I have had regular periods until the last two cycles, which have only lasted 2 days; it typically lasted 5 days, heavy for two and then lighter. Now I am heavy for 1/2 a day, and by the end of the second day, very little. This is very abnormal for me, I am ovulating, having all signs and symptoms.

Vaginal Bleeding - Post Menopause Question: What were the reasons for your post-menopausal vaginal bleeding?
Vaginal Bleeding - Intercourse Question: Have you experienced vaginal bleeding after intercourse? Did you see a doctor? What was the diagnosis?
Vaginal Bleeding - Tests Question: What types of tests and exams did you undergo to evaluate your abnormal vaginal bleeding?
Vaginal Bleeding - Treatment Question: What types of treatment, medication, or surgery did you receive for irregular vaginal bleeding?