Patient Comments: Uveitis - Medical Conditions

Do you have a medical condition associated with uveitis? Please share your experience.

Comment from: dutches45, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 06

I had it in the right eye and we used eye drops for a month and we were able to get rid of it. Now I have it in the left eye and this is my third month without any success. The steroid drops manage it but doesn't take it away. I am going to the eye doctor today for a recheck and to find out what are the next steps.

Comment from: Chanel, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I have had JRA since I was 18 months old. The pain in my eye I thought was a headache in the eye socket and behind the eye. My eye was bloodshot red, and hurt REALLY bad. If I tried to focus on something closely it hurt even worse. I let it go for a week until I ended up in the ER. The next day straight to the eye dr. He said he sees it about once a year. I had no idea my JRA could hurt my EYES!! On a liquid steroid drop now, and the first drop ACTUALLY HELPED. I must do 4 drops a day for a month. So far, the only side affect is the way the steroid tastes down the back of my throat. THANK YOU TO MY EYE DR, he was awesome and saw me immediately, even though he was back scheduled into August.

Uveitis - Symptoms Question: What are your symptoms of uveitis?
Uveitis - Complications Question: Did you experience any complications with uveitis?
Uveitis - Cause Question: What caused your uveitis?