Patient Comments: Uveitis - Cause

What caused your uveitis?

Comment from: mom, 35-44 Male (Caregiver) Published: November 01

My son, age 37 has been suffering with post uveitis for nearly 10 years now. He has had problems with allergies all his life and was very sensitive to cologne smells. It first started when he and his father were installing a kitchen floor, when they opened the can of glue that was used for the installation. The glue had a very strong odor that was irritating to the eyes and then the eye problems started. He was diagnosed with post uveitis, now he is having problems with ears after having ear infection. Doctors have not found any cause for all this. I always wondered about the glue and chemicals used in it.

Comment from: kathyx4, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 19

Mine started out like pink eye. I was away for a week, when I returned home I went to the emergency room, they said I had pink eye and gave me medicine. Three days went by and there was no change. I went to my doctor and he sent me right over to an eye specialist. Since then it goes from one eye to the other eye. The doctor said he can't keep me on drops so my next step is pills. I had all blood tests and it was fine.

Comment from: ann, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: April 17

I was fine, and then used a heavy-duty shampoo and carpet cleaner in my car. Later that night, my eye started to hurt. The eye specialist said he didn't think that was the cause. Maybe not – but I was fine before.

Uveitis - Symptoms Question: What are your symptoms of uveitis?
Uveitis - Complications Question: Did you experience any complications with uveitis?
Uveitis - Medical Conditions Question: Do you have a medical condition associated with uveitis? Please share your experience.