Patient Comments: Uveitis - Symptoms

Question:What are your symptoms of uveitis?

Comment from: Iritis surprise, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: March 28

Initial onset of uveitis was my eye feeling dry, redness, and my eyeball feeling bruised. I was having a blepharitis flair up and thought it was that. Symptoms progressed and a couple days later I woke up with severe pain and light sensitivity and my vision was blurred. I could barely open my eye. I was diagnosed with iritis, a form of uveitis. It"s been 2 weeks now of steroid drops, but I still have blurred vision. Ophthalmologist cannot tell me if this is permanent or not or if I will have a recurrence. Time will tell.

Comment from: mrywlsn, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: October 18

My symptoms started after I had cataract surgery. I used antibiotic and cortisone eye drops for two weeks. Two days after the eye drops were discontinued, I had pain from the light and it continued to get worse. I could not get in to see the ophthalmologist who did my eye and saw a local optometrist who checked my eye and diagnosed it and gave me drops. Next day I went to the ophthalmologist who called it post-operative uveitis. I am supposed to have the second surgery again but may cancel. I am going to an allergist to see if the problem lies in the eye drops administered or in the allergy to the lens implanted. I have multiple allergies, celiac and asthma.

Comment from: Cherie, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

My uveitis went mis-diagnosed for three months. The doctor said it was "pink eye" and treated it as such. As time passed by the symptoms worsened. My eyes felt like I have shards of glass behind the eyelids. The eye is very red and very sensitive to light. I am frightened to death. I go to an opthamologist tomorrow and will be subjected to tests. It has been untreated for so long.

Comment from: SaddestofAll, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: December 13

My symptoms of uveitis are cloudiness, floaters, difficulty navigating in the dark, light sensitivity and dryness from all the medicine. These symptoms have changed my life. I am afraid to drive further than a few miles if I don't know the roads, I don't try to navigate them. I have much more difficulty driving in the fog as well. I don't trust my vision. I am missing details I used to appreciate. And I am unable to wear my contacts so I can't even put on make-up or see my face up close. I feel so removed from life overall.

Comment from: yekiswa, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

Redness of the eye, painful eye, photophobia, blurred vision, poor vision and cloudiness.

Comment from: Third world life, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: February 21

My symptoms started with pain and pressure in and surrounding one eye. Within two days, extreme redness resembling pink eye, photophobia and blurred vision, with the other eye being unaffected. I have a history of seeing floaters. I am currently undergoing a series of tests to try to determine a possible underlying cause. In the meantime, my symptoms are being aggressively treated with little improvement after 20 days.

Uveitis - Complications Question: Did you experience any complications with uveitis?
Uveitis - Cause Question: What caused your uveitis?
Uveitis - Medical Conditions Question: Do you have a medical condition associated with uveitis? Please share your experience.