Patient Comments: Uterine Growths - Symptoms

Did you experience any symptoms with your uterine growths? Please describe.

Comment from: dvakis, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 04

I was having abnormal heavy bleeding, pain, and discharge between 2 or more periods a month. In a CT scan they found a mass on my cervix that covers 1/4 of it. The pre Pap test came back as no HPV. I am having a hysteroscopy tomorrow morning. I am very nervous. I have had unexplained weight loss and fatigue.

Comment from: Breathe, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: November 30

Two weeks ago, a polyp was discovered with a transvaginal ultrasound which was ordered by my physician due to me having menstrual bleeding/clotting for the better part of a month. I was told that I also have adenomyosis. I have not had any abnormal pain; however, I have experienced mental fogginess that I believe is connected to hormonal changes. Iron tests revealed no abnormalities.

Comment from: faithannie16, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

Yes, with uterine growths I've been cramping more and more as the years went by. But I became extremely worried when my monthly bleeding became heavier, to the point of seeing bigger then huge clots. Bleeding through a super tampon within an hour was also alarming. I finally had it checked and now waiting for blood work.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I have fibroids, 3 of them. I've had them for years and I take birth control pills. Over the last 6 months they have grown suddenly and an ultrasound showed one is pressing on my lining, causing constant bleeding. The bleeding has been steady for about two months. The bleeding is from heavy to standard and I am not anemic, however the pain is starting to be apparent. It is like a pulling feeling; much sharper than cramps.

Comment from: Liah, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 14

I have a horrible menstrual period to the extent that on the 1st couple of days I have to use a super tampon and a pad; I have to change the tampon every hour. I finally went to the obstetrician/gynecologist and I have 3 fibroids; I have decided to have a hysterectomy (leaving ovaries only). I am 45 years old and do not want any more children. A week ago I received the Lupron shot to shrink my fibroids to have the surgery. I am looking forward to being pain free; I have an awesome doctor who I trust. I hope this helps someone.

Comment from: Klaudia, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: September 10

I was diagnosed with 2 uterus fibroids via ultrasound. My period was slightly heavier but only during the normal cycle and PMS (premenstrual syndrome) was getting a little more intense. As the period was getting slowly heavier my ovarian cysts were clumping from time to time. Previously I was diagnosed with PCO (polycystic ovaries).

Comment from: MsBrown99, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 23

I have had moderate to heavy bleeding with a four day break since 1/29. Pap was normal, and not anemic (Hgb 12.5). Transvaginal ultrasound revealed thick uterine lining and presence of uterine polyps. The doctor set up D&C in two weeks. At this point, I'm okay with whatever gets the bleeding to stop. Guess I will update after I have it done. Cramping ranges from a dull ache to a sharp stabbing that will make you stop whatever you're doing at the moment. I may ask about having the actual uterine lining removed instead of a simple D&C. We'll see.

Uterine Growths - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your uterine growths?
Uterine Growths - Experience Question: Please share your experience with uterine growths.
Uterine Growths - Polyps Question: What symptoms, if any, did you experience with your uterine polyps?
Uterine Growths - Adenomyosis Question: What were your symptoms with adenomyosis? How was it diagnosed, and what was the treatment?