Patient Comments: Uterine Growths - Polyps

What symptoms, if any, did you experience with your uterine polyps?

Comment from: Talking Chief, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: February 26

I was taking estrogen and progesterone for several years after menopause. I started to get some heavy bleeding on occasion. One day while removing a tampon in the rest room, a large sausage-like polyp flew out, hit the floor and bounced into the stall next to me. The lady in there ran out screaming while I collected it and flushed it away. It was totally encapsulated. I went to my gynecologist who gave me a D&C and I have not had a problem since.

Comment from: ally3925, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

Before I was diagnosed with uterine polyps, I had a brownish smelly discharges between my menstrual periods. Also, the walls of my vagina is so itchy. There is also a pinching pain at the right side of my abdomen.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I finally received help for heavy bleeding during menses, spotting during sex, and weight gain because of uterine polyps. I had a hysteroscopic myomectomy and I hope it helps. I was given Provera 10 mg once a day for 10 days.

Comment from: scared of cancer, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 30

I have had irregular periods and sharp pains in my uterus. I went to the doctor and found out that I have a polyp in my uterus.

Comment from: val, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: November 01

I suffer from bleeding, when I have sexual intercourse, walk too far or work hard.

Uterine Growths - Symptoms Question: Did you experience any symptoms with your uterine growths? Please describe.
Uterine Growths - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your uterine growths?
Uterine Growths - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery for uterine growths (fibroids)? Please describe your experience.
Uterine Growths - Adenomyosis Question: What were your symptoms with adenomyosis? How was it diagnosed, and what was the treatment?