Patient Comments: Uterine Growths - Polyps

What symptoms, if any, did you experience with your uterine polyps?

Comment from: Morrison, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 02

I just had a hysteroscopic polypectomy yesterday. Looking back, my symptoms began at least 6 months ago. I began with tiredness, acne, increased urination, and weight loss. I quit smoking two years prior and live an active lifestyle. The increasing menstrual flow and pain was unbearable. I visited the emergency room (ultrasound) and then I followed up with my gynecologist (Pap smear). They did not locate anything and prescribed medications. I have previously been diagnosed with infertility. On April 1 2016 I had a water ultrasound and that's when they found them. I had several polyps which required surgery. However I began to have break through bleeding, and after intercourse. After 3 medium sized and 1 large one removed I'm feeling better already. I'm taking it easy and will return to work in 2 days. The urination frequency has diminished and hopefully the acne will go away. Waiting at least 1 1/2 weeks for pathology report. Hope to begin FET (frozen embryo transfer) cycle soon.

Comment from: Myzsassymax, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 25

Each time I had sex I would bleed and sometimes on a normal day have spotting of blood when I pass urine. I also had irregular menstrual bleeding because of the uterine polyps.

Comment from: boazy, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 21

I had my first uterine polyp 9 years ago. I gained 40 lb. that year doing nothing unusual. Polyp was removed and everything seemed normal (I never lost that weight). I had just regular Pap tests after that. Nine years later and post menopause I started to bleed and a very large polyp was discovered, no telling how long it has been there. I was dieting and losing a little and now cannot lose anything. I am crampy and tired, have lots of bleeding and clotting and waiting for hysterectomy.

Comment from: katskradle22, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: May 27

I had a cantaloupe-sized tumor in 2010 on my left ovary that I had removed. I began having similar symptoms several months ago so I called my obstetrician/gynecologist and she scheduled me for a transvaginal ultrasound. My symptoms are pain during sex, abdominal tenderness, pressure on bladder, and spotting during heavy work/exercise. Because of PCOS (polycystic ovarian syndrome), I haven't had a natural period since 2001 when I went off birth control, so no period-related issues. The transvaginal scan revealed growth in my uterus, so she has scheduled a D and C and biopsy at the end of July.

Comment from: EquineLady, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 01

I experienced light bleeding and spotting about 5 years after menopause, for a day or two, then it stopped. I began spotting again a week later. Gynecologist scheduled D and C and removed the polyp.

Comment from: Shell, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 23

I was in menopause for six years then started bleeding. I have a mild prolapse also, so I went in for D and C. They found a uterine polyp removed it. I have a lot of fibroids and endometriosis. I will wait six weeks for the result. I am finding the prolapse very annoying while trying to do house work, gardening, yoga, etc., bending and lifting. My largest fibroid is 2.9 cm.

Comment from: RedAzure, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: June 20

Definitely some spotting after sex and my uterus was seen on transvaginal ultrasound as a thickened endometrium of 8 mm. It's been very frightening thinking uterine cancer for two weeks. Ladies, don't leave anything suspicious go unchecked because one symptom of uterine polyps is post-menopausal bleeding.

Uterine Growths - Symptoms Question: Did you experience any symptoms with your uterine growths? Please describe.
Uterine Growths - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your uterine growths?
Uterine Growths - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery for uterine growths (fibroids)? Please describe your experience.
Uterine Growths - Adenomyosis Question: What were your symptoms with adenomyosis? How was it diagnosed, and what was the treatment?