Patient Comments: Uterine Growths - Symptoms

Question:Did you experience any symptoms with your uterine growths? Please describe.

Comment from: 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 02

I have fibroids, 3 of them. I've had them for years and I take birth control pills. Over the last 6 months they have grown suddenly and an ultrasound showed one is pressing on my lining, causing constant bleeding. The bleeding has been steady for about two months. The bleeding is from heavy to standard and I am not anemic, however the pain is starting to be apparent. It is like a pulling feeling; much sharper than cramps.

Comment from: rosemariespets2, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I noticed bloating in my abdomen, pain during intercourse, and some bulging in the vaginal area. I have been gaining weight. I eat healthy and could not understand why this was happening. Also, when I went for my annual pap, there was a video talking about the above mentioned. After my pap, I spoke to the nurse practitioner, and told her of my concern. She gave me a prescription, for a Pelvic ultra sound. Today, I received a call, telling me that there were polyps and something about endometrial. The doctor would like to see me, to discuss the findings in my ultra sound. I have an apt on Wed, and am frightened. My father's first cousin had uterine cancer. I had previously had a d/c because of bleeding after my period stopped. I had a hysteroscopy 4yrs ago. Thank you for your time. I will check back.

Comment from: sam, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

In June 2013 I was diagnosed with a 3cm polyp on the fundus of my uterus during hysteroscopy. I was unable to conceive for 2 years, doctor was suggesting removal of the polyp but I was scared of surgery. In July I became pregnant, I was taking medicines like medroxyprogesterone, Progynova and aspirin for PCOS (poly cystic ovary syndrome).

Comment from: pjp, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: December 05

I had post-menopausal bleeding.

Comment from: Pinky, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: January 25

I have a bloated abdomen, heavy periods, spotting for a week before my period and some slight cramping throughout the month. Have had a polyp removed two years ago and am about to have another one removed via hysteroscopy soon.

Uterine Growths - Treatments Question: What treatment did you receive for your uterine growths?
Uterine Growths - Surgery Question: Did you have surgery for uterine growths (fibroids)? Please describe your experience.
Uterine Growths - Polyps Question: What symptoms, if any, did you experience with your uterine polyps?
Uterine Growths - Adenomyosis Question: What were your symptoms with adenomyosis? How was it diagnosed, and what was the treatment?