Patient Comments: Uterine Fibroids - Symptoms

What were the symptoms of your uterine fibroids?

Comment from: Lumpy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 11

I am 37 and have had multiple fibroids for years. I used to have heavy long periods but then my doctor switched me to a progesterone birth control pilled called Micronor and my periods are the best they have ever been. The fibroids have continued to grow and the largest one is now over 11 cm and causing pain from pressure. I am on a wait list to see a specialist and will probably have to have a hysterectomy because I cannot take very many medicines due to having had a brain aneurysm a few years back.

Comment from: Bec, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: October 28

I'm 45 years old have no bleeding, prior I had mainly large clots and no blood. Doctors finally found I have uterine fibroids yet told me there is no pain associated with them. But I'm suffering fatigue, groin pain a lot like labor, back aches, leg aches, and chewing Panadeine Forte like lollies so not good. I am bloated like I'm 9 months pregnant. Please seek a second opinion and realize you are not alone and yes, fibroids can cause pain. I'm awaiting my next appointment on Friday week. I'll be sure to tell you what happens next. You know your body and what's right and wrong, so please don't suffer like I have for over 12 months, get it checked out. Best wishes to all those who are suffering from this and hopefully you all have a speedy recovery.

Comment from: Rita, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 17

I am working with a cat rescue, and fostering cats leaves me in constant contact with cats. I went to the doctor the first time I got this rash and she verified my diagnosis, cat scratch fever. Not much to do except to use calamine and let it run its course. It lasts a month to 6 weeks and forms half-circle pustules all over my body. It itches something terrible. And then it is over. And the cat is over it in about the same time. But this is my second time, so much for building up resistance.

Comment from: Maxie, 45-54 Published: November 17

With Epstein-Barr virus infection I do not run a fever, just freeze and my whole body aches including my fingers. I am certainly not hungry. No sore throat; just severe aches and lethargy.

Comment from: motownkid68, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 19

My father at 74 suffered from trigeminal neuralgia and it had been going on for at least the last two years. Well, today (10-14-2015) he had surgery. I am so happy to say that he now is feeling 100 percent better; really, as he found a doctor that specializes in this procedure, and he's satisfied with the results. He is not so happy about them shaving his head on the left side and going in behind the ear with a 4 inch stitch but he is fixed.

Comment from: HI, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: April 04

I was diagnosed with a uterine fibroid a decade ago. I still have it, and have heavy bleeding issues. Thinking what to do, it's a big one. I'm 44.

Comment from: Chrissy H., 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: February 16

All who suffer from uterine fibroids, be encouraged. I too have a fibroid problem. I have three growths. I do not have a period anymore. However, I gained about 35 pounds. I am not hungry; maybe once a day. I can eat but watch out if I eat anything with heavy calories when I am not really hungry. I eat light to take vitamin D and a multivitamin in the morning. I try to eat healthy and have for years. I even work out 2 to 3 times a week; despite my lowered energy levels, not to mention the charley horse pains in my legs. This only happened when I was expecting my girls. My doctor thinks I am diabetic.

Uterine Fibroids - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with uterine fibroids (benign tumors of the uterus).
Uterine Fibroids - Treatment Question: What was the treatment for your uterine fibroids
Uterine Fibroids - Surgery Question: If you had surgery to remove fibroids, describe the procedure. Are you satisfied with the results?
Uterine Fibroids - Diagnosis Question: What were the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of uterine fibroids?