Patient Comments: Uterine Fibroids - Treatment

What was the treatment for your uterine fibroids

Comment from: Gods Grace, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

I was diagnosed with a uterine fibroid two years ago. My boyfriend who is very knowledgeable on herbal medications immediately told me I needed "Pau d'Arco" which is a wonderful herb, but then when he saw my varicose veins he told me to get "Butcher's Broom". So I did and as helpful as Pau d'Arco was when I started taking the Butcher's Broom it significantly reduced the monthly bleeding which was my only problem. I want to get this out there in order to help someone. My boyfriend's prescription was for me to take the Pau d'Arco to shrink the fibroid but I have not been a very good patient because when I discovered that if I take the Butcher's Broom consistently at the time of my period then I have a regular and normal period.

Comment from: Sue, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: December 02

I am a 64 year old woman who has had fibroids in my uterus for 35 years. I was told that after menopause the fibroids should shrink by themselves. I went into menopause when I was 47. My fibroids did not shrink and in fact still continue to grow, currently 7cm. I now have a great deal of pressure in my pelvis and will be having a hysterectomy.

Comment from: Jane, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 31

I had a uterine fibroid that grew to the size of a large cantaloupe. I had severe abdominal pain and cramps for months prior to surgery. My only option was a partial hysterectomy. The doctors left my Fallopian tubes and ovaries so I would not go through premature menopause.

Uterine Fibroids - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with uterine fibroids (benign tumors of the uterus).
Uterine Fibroids - Symptoms Question: What were the symptoms of your uterine fibroids?
Uterine Fibroids - Surgery Question: If you had surgery to remove fibroids, describe the procedure. Are you satisfied with the results?
Uterine Fibroids - Diagnosis Question: What were the tests and exams that led to a diagnosis of uterine fibroids?