Patient Comments: Uterine Cancer - Treatments

What was the treatment for your uterine cancer?

Comment from: sadiesol, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I'm 56, and I have had stomach problems seriously since last January 2010 (and off and on before that too - I thought it might be stress related. My Mom passed of ovarian cancer; my oldest sister just had a bout with breast cancer and is a 2 years survivor. I had an abnormal sonogram showing thickening so they are taking me in Friday for a D&C biopsy. They are doing it quite quickly. I have only had the stomach pains none of the other symptoms so I am hoping for the best. Pray for me as I will for all of you writing in here.

Comment from: prof rajarshi, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 08

My mom was detected with a heterogenous SOL in her liver. A trucut biopsy suggested it was non-malignant. But her abdomen was filled with thick yellow sludge. The frozen biopsy of the uterus detected malignancy there, but the sludge was not malignant. The uterus was removed by operation and 1.5 liters of sludge came out. The uterus contained several tumors. She was shifted to general ward after operation but her breathing problems intensified since last night and she has been transferred to the ICU. The doctor says this was because the sludge again formed there, which before being transferred to ICU was removed. 3 liters of sludge came out. I want to know any remedial measure.

Comment from: daughter, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 15

My mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer when she was 30 and I was a few years old. She was in the hospital having a hysterectomy within weeks of the diagnosis. This was 30 years ago, and she has been cancer free ever since. Treatments have advanced a lot since then, but I just wanted to share this for anyone out there who has been diagnosed or has a family member who has been.

Comment from: tsiskaylee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I am 30 years old. I was just diagnosed with uterine cancer a few days ago. I am so scared and confused. I don't know what to do. The doctor said it was grade 1, which isn't bad, but I'm still confused. since I'm Asian, some of my elders are telling me that I shouldn't go through with surgery and that I should just take "Asian medicine" to flush out my uterus and everything will be fine. I feel like I should get a second opinion, but I also feel like i should just do what the doctor says. I'm not planning on having anymore kids and am still waiting on what the next step is.

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: September 26

I have been diagnosed with uterine cancer. I can not have surgery yet. I am in stage 3. I have been going through chemo and radiation for almost 10 weeks. The cells still have not shrunk enough to operate. I am 34 and a mother of two teenage girls. I am fighting everyday so I pray for all of those that have this and wish you all the best.

Comment from: Vickirae57, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 24

My daughter in law was diagnosed with uterine cancer 10 yrs ago but refused the hysterectomy because she wanted more kids, and already had two boys. Now she's 29 years old and has had 3 more children since. Now her life is hanging by a limb. She has had a full hysterectomy, both lungs had uterine cancer removed and she was told today she needs a lung transplant, and she has had part of her bladder and bowels removed. All of this in the last 2 months. She's a stage 4 and they have told her she may only have three months to live. The cancer is not in her bones yet.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer after an endometrial biopsy,(due to post menopausal bleeding)followed by a total hysterectomy with ovaries. Age 56. Still awaiting pathology. Depending on stage and grade, they may stop at surgery, if more advanced or present in lymph samples they have stated they would start with radiation and only go to chemo if needed.

Uterine Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with uterine cancer.
Uterine Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Do you have any risk factors for uterine cancer? Please share your concerns.
Uterine Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What tests or exams led to a diagnosis of uterine cancer?
Uterine Cancer - Stages Question: At what stage was uterine cancer diagnosed in you, a friend, or relative?
Uterine Cancer - Symptoms Question: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your uterine cancer?