Patient Comments: Uterine Cancer - Treatments

Question:What was the treatment for your uterine cancer?

Comment from: ME, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: November 13

I was just recently diagnosed with costochondritis yesterday afternoon, 11/11/2015. I was having bad chest pains while I was at work. Next day they were still there but now my left arm was going numb/tingly. The next morning I went to see my doctor but she was closed for the holiday. I didn't think it was too serious to go to the emergency room (ER) so I went to a Minute Clinic. She then told me to go to the ER immediately or she would call 911. When I arrived at the ER they started some tests then let me sit for a few hours which is when I realized it wasn't anything to serious. Later they diagnosed me with an inflamed sternum and some arthritis around the joint. Not sure if raking caused this or running on my treadmill. All I do know is I always get the gender specific weird things. This is just another thing I will have to live with and it is awful. The pain is terrible when it escalates and I will have to try a heat pad. I hope it works. Good luck to you all as well.

Comment from: Rosebud, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: July 28

A month ago, CAT scan and ultrasound/biopsy found stage 1 uterine cancer, grade 2, possibly 3. With no evidence of cancer outside the uterus, I rejected pelvic node dissection in favor of sentinel node dissection. I had a second opinion that seemed to push me towards removal of all pelvic nodes with dire hints of a higher stage and grade. I read European and U.K. sites and found pelvic node dissection is controversial, nodal sampling is growing. My surgery is on August 10th, fingers crossed. I agree, toxic radiation or chemotherapy should be carefully considered before accurate stage/grade is known.

Comment from: Mary, 65-74 Female (Patient) Published: May 09

I spotted in January 2013. After pelvic exam, I had a D&C in April 2013 and was diagnosed with stage 1 uterine cancer but aggressive type. I had a hysterectomy, and it had not spread. I had three rounds of chemotherapy and six rounds of radiation and then three more rounds of chemotherapy. All treatments ended in October. I opted for this treatment because my oncologist felt this was the thing to do. Only side effect I had was that I lost my hair. But as of this day my hair has grown back about 4 inches. Both my obstetrician/gynecologist and oncologist were great.

Comment from: Debbie, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 11

My mom (92) was recently diagnosed with uterine cancer less than one year ago. She is managed with megestrol and a pain medication. Her pain started about two months ago and is managed. Now she is having a lot of dark bleeding. She has an appointment in one week. As of her appointment three months ago it hadn't spread.

Comment from: ccr, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: July 30

I am 57. In mid-June 2014, I started spotting and having sharp pelvic pain. After pelvic exam, internal sonogram, biopsy, and blood test, my doctor said I might have ovarian and uterine cancers (I had 5 ovary cysts over 2 cm size). My CA125 came back at 9, so I don't have ovarian cancer. I might have uterine cancer (uterus wall 11mm thick). I am having surgery on August 11th, will remove uterus, left ovary, and right tube. Then doctor will do pathology testing, hopefully all will be benign. During all of this my husband was diagnosed on July 1, 2014 with stage IVa tonsillar squamous cell carcinoma. He starts his treatment on August 5th.

Comment from: sadiesol, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: January 05

I'm 56, and I have had stomach problems seriously since last January 2010 (and off and on before that too - I thought it might be stress related. My Mom passed of ovarian cancer; my oldest sister just had a bout with breast cancer and is a 2 years survivor. I had an abnormal sonogram showing thickening so they are taking me in Friday for a D&C biopsy. They are doing it quite quickly. I have only had the stomach pains none of the other symptoms so I am hoping for the best. Pray for me as I will for all of you writing in here.

Comment from: prof rajarshi, 55-64 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 08

My mom was detected with a heterogenous SOL in her liver. A trucut biopsy suggested it was non-malignant. But her abdomen was filled with thick yellow sludge. The frozen biopsy of the uterus detected malignancy there, but the sludge was not malignant. The uterus was removed by operation and 1.5 liters of sludge came out. The uterus contained several tumors. She was shifted to general ward after operation but her breathing problems intensified since last night and she has been transferred to the ICU. The doctor says this was because the sludge again formed there, which before being transferred to ICU was removed. 3 liters of sludge came out. I want to know any remedial measure.

Uterine Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with uterine cancer.
Uterine Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Do you have any risk factors for uterine cancer? Please share your concerns.
Uterine Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What tests or exams led to a diagnosis of uterine cancer?
Uterine Cancer - Stages Question: At what stage was uterine cancer diagnosed in you, a friend, or relative?
Uterine Cancer - Symptoms Question: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your uterine cancer?