Patient Comments: Uterine Cancer - Treatments

Question:What was the treatment for your uterine cancer?

Comment from: daughter, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: May 15

My mother was diagnosed with uterine cancer when she was 30 and I was a few years old. She was in the hospital having a hysterectomy within weeks of the diagnosis. This was 30 years ago, and she has been cancer free ever since. Treatments have advanced a lot since then, but I just wanted to share this for anyone out there who has been diagnosed or has a family member who has been.

Comment from: tsiskaylee, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: February 04

I am 30 years old. I was just diagnosed with uterine cancer a few days ago. I am so scared and confused. I don't know what to do. The doctor said it was grade 1, which isn't bad, but I'm still confused. since I'm Asian, some of my elders are telling me that I shouldn't go through with surgery and that I should just take "Asian medicine" to flush out my uterus and everything will be fine. I feel like I should get a second opinion, but I also feel like i should just do what the doctor says. I'm not planning on having anymore kids and am still waiting on what the next step is.

Comment from: 35-44 (Patient) Published: September 26

I have been diagnosed with uterine cancer. I can not have surgery yet. I am in stage 3. I have been going through chemo and radiation for almost 10 weeks. The cells still have not shrunk enough to operate. I am 34 and a mother of two teenage girls. I am fighting everyday so I pray for all of those that have this and wish you all the best.

Comment from: Vickirae57, 25-34 Female (Caregiver) Published: September 24

My daughter in law was diagnosed with uterine cancer 10 yrs ago but refused the hysterectomy because she wanted more kids, and already had two boys. Now she's 29 years old and has had 3 more children since. Now her life is hanging by a limb. She has had a full hysterectomy, both lungs had uterine cancer removed and she was told today she needs a lung transplant, and she has had part of her bladder and bowels removed. All of this in the last 2 months. She's a stage 4 and they have told her she may only have three months to live. The cancer is not in her bones yet.

Comment from: 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: September 30

I was diagnosed with uterine cancer after an endometrial biopsy,(due to post menopausal bleeding)followed by a total hysterectomy with ovaries. Age 56. Still awaiting pathology. Depending on stage and grade, they may stop at surgery, if more advanced or present in lymph samples they have stated they would start with radiation and only go to chemo if needed.

Comment from: Mike2C3, 25-34 Male (Caregiver) Published: March 01

I'm a 25-year-old male and husband of a wife that just got diagnosed with uterine cancer today. She's 30 years old, and her last pap before the one she just had was about three to four years ago, so right now we're just worrying. All we know right now is that the next step is another exam/test at the OB/GYN, I'm guessing to determine all the specifics about the diagnosis. At this point, we don't know if the cancer is benign or malignant, hoping of course for benign, but always expecting the worst.

Comment from: broadbentkari, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: July 07

I'm 45 years old been on a depo shot for 13 years. Now I'm living a night mare no insurance, I bleed dark red than brown with yucky stuff. I was told by someone I might have cancer cells.

Comment from: (Caregiver) Published: April 08

My mother is 68 and had a total hysterectomy using a laproscopic robot surgery. Her oncologist said her cancer is Grade 3.

Comment from: jean, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: February 14

I don't know if I have uterine cancer or not, going next week to do a biopsy. I have had bleeding for two weeks at the most. My pap smear came back abnormal last year, but I ignored it, the labor pains I had in my stomach was probably the start of it two years ago again I ignored it, so I will wait and see what my test results will be. I am so scared, and worried. I can't function normally.

Comment from: mcclarty, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: June 19

I am 53 years old and was diagnosed with uterine cancer two months ago. They did a robotic (full) hysterectomy one month ago and I am back to work full time. I returned this month and the doctor said they got it all and there is no need for further treatment. I am amazed by modern medicine.

Uterine Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with uterine cancer.
Uterine Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Do you have any risk factors for uterine cancer? Please share your concerns.
Uterine Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What tests or exams led to a diagnosis of uterine cancer?
Uterine Cancer - Stages Question: At what stage was uterine cancer diagnosed in you, a friend, or relative?
Uterine Cancer - Symptoms Question: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your uterine cancer?