Patient Comments: Uterine Cancer - Diagnosis

Question:What tests or exams led to a diagnosis of uterine cancer?

Comment from: J K, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: February 08

I am a 60 year old woman. During a regular wellness exam a cyst on my ovary was found and I was sent for an ultrasound. The ultrasound showed that my uterus wall was thicker than it should be for my age. This led to a biopsy and the discovery of cancerous cells.

Comment from: gill, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: December 03

I'm 30 year's old, been suffering from back, stomach and pelvic pain for a little over 4 months now. I had a mucus bleed for over a week then followed continuous irregular periods. My general physician isn't taking me seriously. I have yet another appointment tomorrow because I passed a mass of tissue a few days ago. I'm expecting bad news. Very best of luck to you all who have uterine cancer.

Comment from: tins, 35-44 Female (Caregiver) Published: March 15

For the past 2-3 months, I've have lots of watery, slightly yellowish discharge during intercourse. There is no odor or pain. Is it anything to worry about?

Uterine Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with uterine cancer.
Uterine Cancer - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your uterine cancer?
Uterine Cancer - Risk Factors Question: Do you have any risk factors for uterine cancer? Please share your concerns.
Uterine Cancer - Stages Question: At what stage was uterine cancer diagnosed in you, a friend, or relative?
Uterine Cancer - Symptoms Question: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your uterine cancer?