Patient Comments: Uterine Cancer - Risk Factors

Question:Do you have any risk factors for uterine cancer? Please share your concerns.

Comment from: praying paranoid, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 02

I am really concerned. My sister was recently diagnosed with breast cancer. Since her diagnosis, I have been really proactive about breast cancer. I had cysts removed and a recent biopsy. I have always checked and there is no family history of cancer, other than an aunt that died of multiple myeloma. My mother just revealed today that she had uterine cancer. I have uterine fibroids. I have delayed having a hysterectomy thinking there is no need to worry. Now I am paranoid.

Comment from: sylviav, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: June 16

I am a soon to be 23 year old. I have a 7 year old daughter, and a 15 month old daughter. I have had two miscarriages and one abortion. In February of 2014, I had my tubes tied. Since then, my menstruation lasts about 14 days. The first six are extremely heavy. I'm weak, tired, moody, depressed, and have horrible abdominal and back pain. My aunt, great aunt, grandmother and possibly my mother were all diagnosed with uterine cancer. I have seen my doctor about the symptoms I am having. She is referred me for an internal ultrasound, and blood work. She has also prescribed me medroxyprogesterone acetate. I'm just wondering if I should be a little more concerned than just a possible cost.

Comment from: Sadac, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 14

My risk factor for uterine cancer is that I have Cowden syndrome.

Comment from: DEnforcer, 65-74 Female (Caregiver) Published: July 31

My mom was recently diagnosed with stage 3 uterine cancer. I wonder if I am now at greater risk. Her aunt passed away back in the 50s with a 'female issue'. My sister in her mid-40s had to have hysterectomy.

Comment from: Boo, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: May 01

My risk factor is, my mom died of uterine cancer.

Uterine Cancer - Describe Your Experience Question: Please describe your experience with uterine cancer.
Uterine Cancer - Treatments Question: What was the treatment for your uterine cancer?
Uterine Cancer - Diagnosis Question: What tests or exams led to a diagnosis of uterine cancer?
Uterine Cancer - Stages Question: At what stage was uterine cancer diagnosed in you, a friend, or relative?
Uterine Cancer - Symptoms Question: What signs and symptoms did you experience with your uterine cancer?