Patient Comments: Urinary Tract Infections - Experience

Please describe your experience with urinary tract infections.

Comment from: branew25, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

On 5/17 I was extremely tired, no menstruation at this point. Then the next day I felt extreme fatigue, I could not get out of the bed. I had a fever of 100.7 no appetite, body aches, chills, terrible head ache, and sore throat followed by an ear ache. I even had pain in my eye sockets if I cried. That continued for 3 days. Day 4 I went to the emergency room with all the symptoms listed above. I gave urine and the diagnosis was dehydration with a urinary tract infection (UTI). I had no painful urination or minimal pee, no frequency or strange urges. I have had UTIs in the past with its normal symptoms to tell me this is what this was but, not this time. It is now day 8 and just now I'm getting relief and feeling myself except the burning and frequency part. Too weird and I thought I knew my body.

Urinary Tract Infections - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your urinary tract infection?
Urinary Tract Infections - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your urinary tract infection?
Urinary Tract Infections - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been helpful in treating a urinary tract infection?
Urinary Tract Infections - Medications Question: What medications have been effective in treating a urinary tract infection?