Patient Comments: Urinary Tract Infections - Experience

Please describe your experience with urinary tract infections.

Comment from: susieq, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: October 29

I don't have burning when I urinate but I have to go every 10 minute and I have back upper side pain, They sent a culture of my urine to check what kind of bacteria it is. I have urinary tract infection (UTI) about once a month. I have tried everything, seems like nothing makes it stay away. I take probiotics, eat right, etc. Doctor told me if I am constipated I will get UTI from that too, so that was new information for me. I hope that's all it is. I am tired of this.

Comment from: sosad, 45-54 Female (Caregiver) Published: August 11

My daughter is handicapped. For the last 7 months she has had urinary tract infections. I have taken specimens to the hospital for cultures and strep B is the germ. We have a urologist following her. He has given her several antibiotics, Cipro, Macrobid Levaquin Amoxicillin more Cipro. While she takes it (them) she is fine, but in 10 days it is back. She is otherwise in good health. She takes no medications and gets copious amounts of fluids.

Comment from: branew25, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: May 30

On 5/17 I was extremely tired, no menstruation at this point. Then the next day I felt extreme fatigue, I could not get out of the bed. I had a fever of 100.7 no appetite, body aches, chills, terrible head ache, and sore throat followed by an ear ache. I even had pain in my eye sockets if I cried. That continued for 3 days. Day 4 I went to the emergency room with all the symptoms listed above. I gave urine and the diagnosis was dehydration with a urinary tract infection (UTI). I had no painful urination or minimal pee, no frequency or strange urges. I have had UTIs in the past with its normal symptoms to tell me this is what this was but, not this time. It is now day 8 and just now I'm getting relief and feeling myself except the burning and frequency part. Too weird and I thought I knew my body.

Comment from: peterson,Godson, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: April 07

I had this urinary tract infection in 2000, it keeps reoccurring. Right now I am having problem with my partner, she is almost ending the relationship because my erection is weak and I hardly make love to her.

Comment from: Kaddie, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: February 10

I treated my urinary tract infection with an antibiotic called Zinnat 500 mg but still doesn't seem like it is working. I still feel the same old pain when I urinate.

Urinary Tract Infections - Symptoms Question: What symptoms and signs did you experience with your urinary tract infection?
Urinary Tract Infections - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your urinary tract infection?
Urinary Tract Infections - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been helpful in treating a urinary tract infection?
Urinary Tract Infections - Medications Question: What medications have been effective in treating a urinary tract infection?