Patient Comments: Urinary Tract Infections - Symptoms

What symptoms and signs did you experience with your urinary tract infection?

Comment from: PitBullLover, 45-54 Female (Patient) Published: April 28

I recently was in the hospital with urinary tract infection (UTI). I had no pain or any kind of symptom except for having a slight fever for a few hours. That happened a week apart from each other. When I did start feeling bad I just wanted to sleep, I was sweating so bad that my clothes and my sheets were soaked. My husband and son tried to wake me and couldn't at first so I was taken to the hospital. By the time I got there I was already 80 percent dehydrated, my kidneys were shutting down and I was told that I was talking gibberish, making no sense at all. I spent 4 days in the hospital. I was diagnosed with UTI that spread to my bloodstream. If my husband and son had not gotten me to the hospital when they did, there is a good chance I would not be here typing this right now. What gets me, though, is how I got so sick with no symptoms to speak of! If it happens again, how will I know unless I have the symptoms everyone here has talked about!

Comment from: shyam, 55-64 Male (Patient) Published: April 28

My urinary tract infection symptoms are urinary burning pain and blood in urine.

Comment from: herbie, 75 or over Male (Patient) Published: April 21

I had lots of fatigue with my urinary tract infection, but no pain and no temperature.

Comment from: Jamie, 19-24 Female (Patient) Published: February 03

I experienced lower back pain and vaginal discharge with reddish brown spots when I had urinary tract infection.

Comment from: Tracy, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 08

With urinary tract infection I experienced burning and a frequent need to urinate, even though I didn't need to go at times. I also had nausea and extreme dizziness. I couldn't lift my head from the pillow for three days without feeling sick and had extreme giddiness and nausea. I ended up dehydrated and had to be treated at hospital with fluids. I was given antibiotics. A horrible experience that after 6 days I am still getting over.

Comment from: Mommy0f3, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: July 15

I had laparoscopic removal of fallopian tubes and right ovary 12 days ago. I have increased urination, abdominal cramps, fatigue, and no appetite. I am wondering why the doctor ordered ultrasound rather than just give antibiotics.

Comment from: emmanuel, 19-24 Male (Patient) Published: April 28

I am having this pain after urinating, burning pain possibly from urinary tract infection.

Comment from: tobe, 45-54 Male (Patient) Published: August 25

Being a male, I never thought much about urinary tract infection (UTI). I am having my first experience with it. I have been running a high fever, painful urination and severe back pain. I literally have been in bed for two days. It is the most painful experience I have had.

Urinary Tract Infections - Treatments Question: What kinds of treatments have been effective for your urinary tract infection?
Urinary Tract Infections - Experience Question: Please describe your experience with urinary tract infections.
Urinary Tract Infections - Home Remedies Question: What home remedies have been helpful in treating a urinary tract infection?
Urinary Tract Infections - Medications Question: What medications have been effective in treating a urinary tract infection?