Patient Comments: Urinary Incontinence - Causes in Men

What was the cause of urinary incontinence in you or a male friend or relative?

Comment from: Codger Bear, 65-74 Male (Patient) Published: January 02

I have found that my urinary problems diminished substantially when I eliminated soy from my diet. Along with this, I have no longer have chronic hoarseness. I doubt that eliminating soy is an answer for the majority of people, but it has made a big difference for me. Anyone deciding to try this will have to read food labels religiously, because soy ingredients are used in almost all bakery goods and in many other types of foods. In restaurants, you will find that allergen menus have very few soy-free options.

Urinary Incontinence - Treatment Question: What forms of treatment, including medication and lifestyle changes, have you used for urinary incontinence?