Patient Comments: Urinalysis - Symptoms

Question:Was there a disease or condition discovered through urinalysis?

Comment from: utiorno, 35-44 Female (Patient) Published: January 03

I've been suffering from UTI symptoms on and off for three weeks. The first week I went to the doctor, I had painful swollen glands and UTI symptoms. The doctor did a urinalysis and found no WBC. He sent me for an ultrasound and CT scan, both of which came back negative. I've continued to have pain in my legs from the swollen pelvic glands and urine symptoms. I went back to the doctor today as I feel so run down I can't function, and my urinalysis came back with a high WBC count. The doctor gave me antibiotics, but I'm nervous that it is something other than a UTI. I've had UTIs in the past, and this is different. I don't have the frequency, but when I do go, I have burning and spasms.

Diagnostic testing Question: What condition did your urinalysis diagnose?
Diagnostic testing Question: Did your doctor perform a microscopic urinalysis? What did the results indicate?