Patient Comments: Urethral Stricture - Treatment

What kinds of treatment (medications or surgery) did you receive for your urethral stricture?

Comment from: Mel, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 05

The treatment is urethral dilatation, and then I had a catheter for 10 days. After a month of having the first dilatation, I began to experience the same symptoms (pain when urinating, decreased stream while urinating), and then I had my second dilatation. My doctor found out I was worse than the first time. Now I have to self-dilatate every single day.

Comment from: ReliefNow, 35-44 Male (Patient) Published: June 20

I had surgery to remove the scar tissue and I had the dilation in office procedure done. I always need to have a cystoscopy to see the status of the stricture.

Urethral Stricture - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms associated with and complications of your urethral stricture.
Urethral Stricture - Diagnosis Question: Describe the events that led to a diagnosis of a urethral stricture.