Patient Comments: Urethral Stricture - Diagnosis

Describe the events that led to a diagnosis of a urethral stricture.

Comment from: Suthard, 55-64 Female (Patient) Published: May 13

I was diagnosed this past year with a tipped right kidney caused by childbirth. The urethral stricture first showed up in my 20s. I don"t have bladder infections, very rarely, but many RBC cells show up in my urine. At times I have edema, and was also diagnosed with spinal cord injuries in the neck, C4 and C7. I have dilations every now and then per insurance allowance. I experience nausea sometimes in the morning.

Comment from: Mel, 25-34 Female (Patient) Published: September 03

The events that led to my diagnosis were recurrent urinary infections, painful urination (burning sensation), difficulty starting urine flow, and decreased urine stream. My urologist performed an endoscopy and found out my urethra was pretty much blocked by tissue.

Urethral Stricture - Symptoms Question: Please describe the symptoms associated with and complications of your urethral stricture.
Urethral Stricture - Treatment Question: What kinds of treatment (medications or surgery) did you receive for your urethral stricture?